18

I would just like to say I'm sorry for the extremely long wait and also, I do not ship muke and I do not thing they are together irl. I am very happy for Luke and sierra and Michael and crystal but muke gets more views and reads so... it's a marketing strategy, really.

"Michael, you can't do that"

"Says who?" The purple haired omega asked as he took one of the lollipops out of the drawer next to Louis' hospital bed.

"Those are for little kids, you're almost twenty four" Louis deadpanned.

"We are children until we die, Louis" Michael skipped happily back to his visitors chair, sucking happily on his sucker.

"Oh I'm sorry, did you want one?"

Before Louis could answer, there was a knock on the door, a tall -like really tall- blond alpha walking in with a sheepish look on his face.

"Um who-" he was cut off by Michaels shout of, "Luke!" Before he lunged at said alpha.

"What are you doing here?" The purple haired omega asked, Louis feeling like he was third wheeling in his own hospital room.

"Ashton called and said you were here, why weren't you answering your phone? You had me worried sick!" He cupped his omegas face, clearly sighing in relief when he didn't see any signs of distress or pain.

"Oh shit- I must've left it in the waiting room. I almost sprinted here when the nurse said visitors could come" he laughed, resuming his place on the chair beside Louis' bed.

The room was filled with an awkward air, for Louis at least, as Michael kept talking to him, the blonde alpha just standing at the door like it was nothing.

"-and oh yeah! Louis this is Luke, my alpha. Luke, this is Louis. He's an old friend" Michael explained, a giant smile on his face.

"I've heard a lot about you louis, it's nice to finally meet you" Luke smiled, keeping his stance at the door without moving.

Louis just nodded, a timid, closed mouth smiled on his face.

"Ah shit, I forgot we were supposed to go to my mums house for dinner" Michael signed, looking at his watch.

"I'm sorry Louis, me and Luke have to go but I will be back tomorrow morning" the green eyed omega got up, grabbing his coat off the back of the chair, "and don't forget to call me tonight after your talk with Edward!"

Oh yeah. That.

He had called Edward the previous morning, asking the man to come see him, without his brothers.

Just thinking about the conversation he was about to have made him want to cry and compulsively vomit.

"You wanted to talk to me?" Edward walked in the room forty five minutes after Michael and Luke left, dressed in the most casual clothes Louis has ever seen him in.

Fuck, Louis' eyes were already watering.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Edward began to walk towards the omega in distress but Louis' hand stopped him.

"Please, please don't make this harder than it has to be" his voice trembled.

"Make what harder? What is going on?"

"I- I have to go" he blurted out quickly, tears finally falling down his face, "as soon as I can get discharged me and my kids are leaving. Leaving London that is" his hands were shaking as he curled in on himself, Edwards silence killing him on the inside.

"What? What do you mean you are leaving?" The tone in the oldest alphas voice was dangerous and it made louis' heart beat faster.

"I can't do this anymore, Edward!" Louis cried harder, pressing his face into his hands, "I can't keep house hopping with my kids, I can't keep worrying and looking over my shoulder for someone who knows what happened and wants to take my kids or something crazy because it seems like all bad things just gravitate towards me. I can't keep dumping all my problems on you and your brothers" Louis was breathing heavy as tears streamed down his face, "so, I'm leaving" he finished with a whisper.

It took Edward almost two minutes to respond.

"No. You're not leaving."

That just made the blue eyed boy cry harder. "I have to go Edward! Don't you see? I have done nothing but wreck havoc on you and your family and friends! You guys took me to the hospital on the first day we met and then had to save my child from some pedophile while I was unconscious! You had to take me to your house because I have fucking touch deprivation and three months in, the house burned down! Liam and Zayn got in my business and I created chaos with my leaving and then I got kidnapped and you guys are the ones who have to take care of it! I am nothing but a burden to you and your family and I won't have it! I will come back for my eventual and unavoidable court case and deal with the consequences by myself because it's time for me to do things by myself like an adult. I owe it to my kids and I owe it to you"

Edward just huffed angrily.

"We wouldn't have done all that if we didn't want to, Louis. This is a really selfish decision you are making without even consulting my brothers. Were you just going to leave without saying goodbye to Harry? Marcel? Were they so meaningless to you that you didn't even invite them here to have this talk right now?" The oldest triplet was mad. Almost seething at what he was just told.

"I didn't invite them here because they mean so much to me!" Louis cried harder than he's ever cried before, "they mean so much to me and I don't want to have be the one to break their hearts like this but I will only make your lives worse the longer I stay and- and I love you guys too much let myself hurt you any longer than I already have."

The room went completely silent with Louis' confession of his love.

"No. You do not get to say you love me and leave me on the same day. That is not how that works" the glossy tears threatening to fall out of Edwards eyes were ripping at every heart string Louis had.

"If you think I am going to stand by and let you leave me and my brothers, like trash on the sidewalk, you have something else coming for you. You're going to have to have the great hand of god to pry yourself from us because you are not allowed to leave now" a single tear fell down Edwards face as he walked towards the door, "if you really think you were being a burden to us, maybe we need to rethink our relationship because we are obviously not on the same page"

This literally took me so long to update and I wrote the way six hundred words in about fifteen minutes.

Bouts of inspiration come at the most random times and I'm sorry.

Also if you think Louis is being irrational, just take a minute to think about his situation. Most people in wouldn't know what to do in his situation and they most likely wouldn't think it through because they are so busy freaking. It's normal to make not the best decisions in an unknown and scary situation