CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

A N D R E A

I didn't know how I held back until we reached home. I'd promised myself that I'd put myself in front of him enough times, so if he wanted me, he'd have to be the one to do something about it. Lorenzo sat beside me in the car with his hands balled into fists and his jaw clenched. I fought the urge to ask him if he intended to make good on what he'd said inside, but I didn't have the courage to get rejected by him again.

"Say it, Andrea," Lorenzo said without looking at me, and my spine straightened, my hands falling to my sides, the back of wrists brushing against his.

"Wh—What?"
"You've been staring at me, so what is it?" He twisted his neck to look at me, and it was only then that I realized how close he really was. Close enough to kiss.

Lorenzo drew in a sharp breath through his teeth, and I knew he'd been thinking about it too. He half groaned when my hand landed on his thigh, dangerously close to the evident bulge in his pants. His gaze lowered to where my fingers were digging into his thigh, watching where I was touching him.

Then he lifted his head, his icy eyes alight with an epiphany, "You've been wondering if I'll keep my word...?" He drawled, arching his brow, waiting,
I swallowed, suddenly feeling naked under his watchful gaze, "It wouldn't be the first time you'll run from me." I tilted my head stubbornly, hoping he wouldn't see the vulnerability I was trying my hardest to hide.

Lorenzo wasn't the kind of man you could bare yourself to. He was dangerous. His affections even more so. Having a piece of him to myself would mean giving him a hundred of myself as collateral.
Lorenzo leaned forward, burying his head against my neck, "I won't fuck you in the backseat of a car like a randy teenager. I have more self-restraint than that." His lips closed around my neck as he latched onto my skin, undoubtedly leaving a hickey.

"Rest assured I will fuck you; however, it—" he moved his lips along the column of my neck, "—will be on my terms."

And then he leaned back in his place like he hadn't just lit up my insides on fire just now.

I squirmed, feeling the air getting too heavy, sparkling with electricity for me to breathe. I gasped when Lorenzo's hand landed on my thigh, not too different from the way mine had been on his mere minutes ago. The only difference was that his rough, rugged palm was pressed into my naked thigh, and there was no safety of clothes to save me from the way his fingers seared my flesh.

He leaned forward to close the screen separating us from the front of the car, and then his gruff voice danced over my body as his hands moved up my thigh, his fingers causing me to tremble. The pad of his thumb ran against my bottom lip in a feather touch, and everything inside me grew hotter, and I could barely hear anything besides the blood pumping in my veins. My teeth sank into my bottom lip, and it was only when Lorenzo hissed that I realized it wasn't my lip I was biting.

It was all too much, and suddenly I felt myself licking his thumb, catching the tip between my lips. Lorenzo's eyes darkened, and his hand clenched, but he didn't dare move his thumb pressing against my lip. If anything, he pushed just slightly into my mouth, grunting as he did so. I wanted to straddle him, feel his hardness against me; however, I didn't want to break this moment.

"Can you be quiet?" My breathing hitched as I lifted my eyes from the place his hand disappeared under my dress to meet his gaze. He pulled back, leaving me open to talk, but I didn't think I had it in me to form words. His poison had long since taken over me, and I was only beginning to realize how deep it actually had formed its roots inside me.