CHAPTER TWENTY

L O R E N Z O

By the time I'd summoned every last bit of control I had to push her away, Andrea's hands were already fumbling with the buttons on my shirt as she let out a frustrated huff at her inability to unbutton my shirt. I covered her delicate, tremulous uncertain hands with mine, halting her movements. Andrea tilted her head to look at me, her gaze hooded with a desire I was almost certain was there because of the alcohol. It made my decision easier because I knew if I was going to fuck her, she was going to be conscious for every second of it. When she was writhing beneath me with pleasure, I wanted to be the one solely responsible for her thoughts to stop existing. Not a bottle of Jameson. I shook my head, and a sheen of tears formed in her downcast eyes, her curved, silken eyelashes casting a sombre shadow on her cheeks.

Not liking the rejection that had crossed her features, I curled my fingers under her chin, forcing her to look at me. "This is not how you want me to fuck you,"

"You don't want me." She said with finality and accusation in her voice, and I caressed her cheek with my other hand as she leaned into my touch, slightly swaying on her feet. I was waiting the minutes till she'd pass out because, by the looks of it, it wasn't going to be long.

Leaning forward, I traced the shell of her ear with my tongue, as her hands tightened around my bicep. "If you remember this conversation, mia cara, ask me this in the morning." I brushed my lips against the column of her neck, before straightening.

"Why—" her words faded as her eyes closed for a second before she forced them open, her head hanging on my shoulder. "I'm not dizzy." She said, raising her fingers in front of her face, "I can see just fine."

Rolling my eyes, I crouched, holding the back of her knees as I pulled her up in my arms. "You need to sleep it off."

"I just told you I'm not sleepy!" Andrea whined, her fingers tracing my stubble, "That's spiky," I found myself chuckling as I lowered her on the bed.

"Shut up now." Andrea pouted, her lower lip jutting out before she shook her head, and sat up against the headboard. Fucking hell, I didn't even recognise her. She was a menace when drunk, and I couldn't even leave her alone like this lest she choked on her vomit. Andrea mumbled something unintelligible under her breath as I turned around to go and change out of these clothes.

I'd taken a quick shower, worn my drawstring pants, and by the time I was back Andrea was passed out cold on her back. Shaking my head, I approached her, so I could turn her to her side. With my hand beneath her neck, I laid her on her side and placed a pillow behind her. She'd already forgone shoes, so I covered her with a blanket, and turned to take in the state of the room.

After cleaning up, I exhaled as I dropped on the bed, exhausted. Turning my head, I eyed Andrea, sleeping and placed my hand behind my head as I tried sleeping, already knowing tomorrow was going to be a hard day for her. For no reasonable explanation at all, her pain ricocheted inside me, and I knew there was no defence against her black magic for me. I was as helpless as anyone else against her sorcery. I no longer wanted to fight against whatever this was between us. Andrea was fire. One that only started unexpectedly, leaving nothing the same after them. All they did was leave plain wreckage behind. I knew I would be allowing myself to burn for an eternity if I wasn't careful with her, but I was beginning to realise I no longer cared about the burn her brand of embers would cause me.

That was my first mistake.

* * *

I was drinking my coffee, casting an occasional furtive glance at the doorway, looking for her. Despite Alexandra, Roberto, and Alessandro living here, none of them was around for breakfast. Their nightlife kept them awake most of the night, so they often forwent breakfast, leaving me and Andrea alone for the morning meal. Taking another sip, I looked at my Rolex, surprised to see that she wasn't down yet when we had to leave in an hour. It wasn't long after that subtle footsteps echoed against the floor, and I straightened just as she came into my line of sight. Andrea walked slower than usual, her movements lethargic as she got herself seated.