CHAPTER FIFTEEN

L O R E N Z O

The last few days had been bearable even with having Andrea around. We'd fallen into some sort of a routine, she usually slept—or pretended to be asleep—when I got around to getting back home, and I was gone before she woke up. Avoiding her wasn't much of a solution, however, it stopped me from indulging in the madness she elicited out of me, and I couldn't afford to go off the rails for something as fickle as desire.

I'd been taking note of the exact losses the businesses had taken because of Ricci, and Romano's controversial death, so safe to say it hadn't been easy especially with a couple of drug dealers rebelling against me on the streets. I'd barely snapped the file I was reading shut when I heard a distinct knock on my door. Sighing, I leaned back, allowing the person in question to enter. The door opened to reveal Luca and Alessandro. The bastards closed the door behind them and got seated without me inviting them to.

"The pilot who'll fly Ricci out tomorrow is dealt with," Luca leaned forward, placing his arms on his thighs as I leaned back in my leather chair, crossing my leg over my thigh, waiting for Luca to finish what else he had to say, "Zlatan used his men to reach the fucker flying Ricci out tomorrow."

I found myself smiling at the mere knowledge that Pablo Ricci wouldn't know what the fuck hit him, not that he could do much when he'd be thirty thousand feet above the ground. This way all these self-righteous motherfuckers would know who truly owned them, and why none of them could ever put an end to the mafia. Despite the animosity the Camorra clans had for each other, most of us were ruled by the same principle, and that was to kill first and ask questions later. We ran on the other side of the law, and essentially bent it to our mercy, there's only so much men like Ricci could do when eventually men like yours truly, have the power to silence them forever.

"As it seems Ricci had been attempting to try and see you for quite some time," I turned my attention to Alessandro as he spoke calmly, "He's been seen at multiple restaurants we own for the past few weeks, and I found out that he'd be at forchette e coltelli for dinner today, so if you want to meet him without raising suspicions tonight might be a good time before he dies," I chuckled, and Luca started laughing with me, his eyes alight with a viciousness I knew matched mine.

"Fuck, he doesn't even know tomorrow's going to be his last flight," Luca said laughing, and we all feel into another fit of laughter, knowing that finally, we'd get rid of one of our biggest problems before it'd become a permanent thorn on my side.

"Ricci should have stayed in his lane," He might've had money, but there was nothing quite like having besmirched money because with that came power, and the world always bowed to the formidable.

"Can we trust this pilot to crash the fucking plane?" Alessandro rubbed his jaw, addressing Luca since he'd been the one to talk to Zlatan.

"Zlatan's men have something on him, and besides he caved in when he realized his family was in danger, don't think there's a bigger motivation than that," Luca shrugged, and I had to agree.

Love was indeed the Achilee's heel of many men, and it's only more disastrous when you are a mafioso, getting consumed by someone only ended with a bullet between the eyes of the one who'd indulged in such foolishness.

"Alessandro, what about Matthias Rhys? Or is he still cruising around, wasting the money he owes us?" I arched my brow as I slid his file towards my brother. Alessandro caught the brown file, and immediately opened it, his eyes dancing over the words written inside,

"I think so? I'll have Milan check on it," He nodded, closing the folder, and placing it in front of him.

"Do that, and then take him with you when you go and roughen up Rhys's edges a bit." Alessandro nodded, his eyes lighting up at the thought of potentially delivering someone's retribution.