8 ~ Miss Ostentatious

"Even just a mere thing about her,
Puts my senses and emotions on a
gear."

" Just bark already." I whispered calmly, that clearly stated that I wasn't interested in anymore effing drama.

" What ?" Rohit asked, still smirking.

" What do you know about the girl in this picture ?" I inquired him, rather impatiently.

"Why do you want to know about her with such eagerness, huh ?" He asked. He didn't even had an idea that he was playing with my already dwindling patience , which was on the edge.

"Say" I shouted at Rohit, to which he just shrugged with a big smile.

" She is your mother's student, idiot." I heard him and stared at him to continue.

| Flashback 1 years ago |

    It was 12th of december. Urmilla, Ishaan's mother's birthday. Rohit was driving towards the Mallik Mansion with a glee laden smile. Though Urmilla wasn't his own mother, she was no less than a mother in his life. His favourite person to cry with, confide in and ramble aimlessly.

She was the person, who changed his ugly perspective on mothers.

His heart fluttered as he saw jer radiating smile from the gap of the door. Hugging her tight, and playing with her cheeks, Rohit placed a small kiss on her both cheeks.

" Happy Birthday, mumma." He sweetly spoke, holding onto her like a small child.

" Okay, okay. My dramaqueen. Thank you so much. Go and sit, I have prepared Gulaab Jamuns for you." That was all it took for him to run towards the kitchen, already drooling over the sight of those tongue- soothing sweets.

We were interrupted by the soft knock on the door. I unlatched the door to see two beautiful girls standing with flower bouquets and chocolates. One of them, dressed in a silver long skirt and navy blue shirt came forward.

" Good morning Sir, Is ma'am at home?" She asked softly. She looked so lovely with her eyes, brimming with liveliness and innocence. Her smile so tender, that could render anyone smitten.

Her black highlighted hairs were braided on a side neatly as she kept glancing at Rohit, looking at her in silence. Clearing my throat, I nodded and opened the door ajar to allow them enter inside. She ran towards Urmilla, keeping those stuffs on the tea table. She hugged her and wished her a " Happy birthday".

Soon the other girl entered with a cake in her hand.

They made her cut the cake along with Rohit. Urmilla fed her a small bite of the cake but she took it and fed it to her. Then urmilla also fed a piece of cake to Rohit, which he ate happily and gave her a slice of cake to eat too.

" So, how are your studies going on?" Urmilla asked her. She nodded, and meekly whispering a 'good'.

Then, turning towards Rohit, Urmilla introduced her to Rohit.

" Rohit Beta, both of them are my student. Jia and Mishka." Rohit smiled at them, that was returned by them.

" And, he is Rohit, my son's best friend. More like my young boy." Urmilla gingerly ran her fingers in Rohit's hair, leading them to laugh at his annoyed face. Their laughter paused with the constant ringing of someone's phone.

" Ma'am, we need to go. There's a family function today so, my maa is calling." The girl in blue shirt spoke and both of them left hurriedly.