6 ~ Sanguine Onset

Ujwala Nagari

   The next morning came early with the saccharine chirrups of the birds spreading melody and an aura of optimism in the surrounding. The morning breeze was easing the gingerly surging heat rays of the sun. The cool and chilled night was long lost, and the bar of mercury was rising slightly.

It was the first and foremost hour of the day, but two individuals were still snuggled in the arms of each other, sleeping in plenty of peace. The sudden barking of the dogs in the backyard and shufflings of the heavy steps disturbed the slumber of Harsh.

It was their last day to stay at that cottage. He brushed his thumb roughly on her cheek, and his lips kissed on her forehead. Her arm circled around his back and grabbed his chest closer to her body. Their lips met again, and soon enough the time stretched as their breaths got ragged and waves of pleasure came crashing down on her. She was melting like a wax in his arms and he burnt like a sun to heat her up with pained pleasure, showing his utmost love for her.

They got ready together, with a rosy glow radiating off them. They moved to their next destination, the celestial lake. Taj was walking ahead as the guider of the path, unaware of the privacy he was providing to the newly formed couple following him.

" I am tired now." Harsh mused in Mrinal's ears.

" Huh?" She gave him a look that clearly stated she didn't at all believe the nonsense he just spoke.

Who would believe it, when you know how good a warrior he was? He had spent most of his lifetime in fighting battles, roaming through the jungles and getting tired of such a short trek was out of the list for a man, having a character alike him.

Seeing his princess, strolling ahead leaving him on his spot to ponder and stand alone in the scorching afternoon sun, he ran softly to her and grabbed her hand, yanking her towards him.

His eyes smiled with mischief, as he clipped her lips with his fingertips, preventing the scream that would've threatened out of them. Mrinal's brown eyes were staring at him in pure shock.

He pushed her to the trunk of a fully bloomed mango tree, the newly sprouted mango flowers were falling with even the slightest movement of the tree in the airy day. The bougainvillea rashly climbed over the wooden logs and the pink and purple paper flowers, contrasting with the greyish brown wood added to the beauty of the nature in the background.

Feathering kisses on her lotus petal shaped closed eye-lashes, he breathed near her lips and ear lobe, stimulating her senses quite sensuously.

Playing with her lips by his own lips, he kept drawing circles on her bare waist. The intimacy of the few days back, was so clouded over his mind till now that his body refused to stay apart from her body.

The next few months went by, walking all day to find the dark tower and amorous nights in the jungle down the open sky. It was blissful. Taj, who now knew about their romantic relationship, never left a chance to tease them till they were redder than roses itself.

It was dark all around, and two bodies had cuddled near a fire place in the cold wintry night with the canopy of the huge trees of the forest meddling down the sky, obstructing their view of the moon-lit sky with the golden glow of fire.

Out of nowhere, Harsh slashed the tip of his thumb in the sharp edge of his knife. He looked at the woman sleeping beside him. Unknown to him, his hand stretched forward to fill her hair partition with his metallic red liquid, his blood.

His movements near her, forced her eye lashes to flutter open.

" My Queen." He exclaimed.