22 ~ Ukiyo

" I love how I speak so naturally to you,
Are you a fluency machine?"

Ishaan's POV

" I love you."

The girl kneeling before me said, wait what, she said she loves me.

Oh my god.

I just observed her for good 2 minutes and then I picked up my phone and played a piano instrumental.

" Now the setting is perfect. Please, repeat." I told her innocently. She glared at me.

" Ok, tell me will you accept me as your wife in all sense?" She asked me with growing anticipation.

" Such a silly question. You are my wife already, that too real one." I told her.

She shot up from her knees and pushed me hard that led me to land on my bum.

" Ouch" I exclaimed as she sat on my stomach. The wet soil underneath was chilling me and her touches were not helping me either.

" Can't you give simple answers? " She asked angrily. I just shrugged.

" You must have asked me in the hotel itself, the atmosphere here is so engaging, you know. See that hot girl over there - slim legs, slender neck, toned thighs, her burgundy hair, she looks so tempting. " I was describing a girl to infuriate her. But she smirked and gave me a ' wait and watch' look.

I was alerted. But, what she did shocked me.

" Jia, stop it. Please. Stop it. " I was laughing like anything and she was enjoying my state while pinching my thigh.

I changed our position and now she was under me. I repeated the memories of the last night in my imagination, the way I was sleeping on her and she was sleeping on me on that tiny, cosy sofa. That was exciting.

She was looking at me intently. My fingers played with her long curls. Her blue eye lined eyes were staring at me, with lots of love. Her heart beat was uneven. I was reminded of how she was concerned of my raised heartbeat last night that called Surfraaz to ask him, not knowing that it was her effect. That was hilarious.

In the heat of the moment, I sank my face towards her. Her lips were parted. Our breath was mingling with one another. My nose rested on her nose. The tip of my nose traced her cheeks, eyes and chin.

My lips brushed with hers and she shivered. I was about to kiss her when my phone buzzed. Disgusting.

I picked her from the ground, she was constantly looking at that damn phone which was buzzing.

" Zara, what's the matter?" I asked her after picking up the call.

" Ishaan, there's an emergency. Come up here asap. You need to have a concert tomorrow for my Dad's band." She told me in a worried tone.

" Okay, I will start to drive back now and will reach there by morning. Good night." I told her.

" Good night." She said and hung up.

I looked at her, whose eyes were on me the whole time. She was still in a daze. I cupped her cheeks and caressed it.

" I need to go. " I told her. I took hold of her hand and walked to our room, which was 10 minutes away.

As we reached the room, I locked the door and opened my blazer. I took a white shirt and was about to go to the bathroom.

She pulled me to the sofa and made me sit on it. She placed her head on my thigh.