23 ~ Haimish

" Promise me that you would love me when I'm enraged,
And tease me when I am cranky.
But would never leave me alone."

Jia's POV

" Yes sir, I will be there. Sure sir." I replied as the head of my department asked me to report there for night duty as there was no one free today.

" See you, then." He said from the other side.

" What? Yes sir? See you, sir?" Ishan scoffed.

" What happened?" I went near him. He just pouted sadly, " My cute Ishan, Aww." I pinched his cheeks.

" You are so so bad. You don't love me anymore." He whined, nuzzling his face into the curve of my neck.

I inhaled deeply and hugged him.

"I need to go, baby. Please." I pouted.

" I will miss you. Why that wolf faced mental doctor, Vikash always calls you to join him in the hospital? I don't like him." He complained cutely. I just wanted to kiss his pout.

" Huh? What did you call him?" I asked him feigning shocked expression.

" Wolf faced Mental doctor, green eyed bear in a white coat. " He continued his long list of names. I was just surprised that he observed him that keenly.

" You call him mental doctor, then in future, you will also call me mental doctor. Isn't it?" He was so engrossed in his thoughts that he nodded absentmindedly.

I thought to tease him a bit, " I won't talk to you. Go to hell."

In these fast passing seven months of our wedding, we knew a thing other than our love for each other, that is I get angry easily and he closes himself up in anger and grief.

So, we worked hard on it and we made a deal that if I get angry, he would surrender and if he closes himself, I will force him to express himself. But, we won't stop communicating our emotions ever. I love him forever, and that's not going to change. Getting so much of love, scares me. But, I trust him.

" What did I do?" He asked and when he realised, he gave me I-will-see-that look, bringing me out of my reverie.

" Challenge accepted." I messaged him as I drove away to the hospital.

I just initiated my 3 years of residency as a pyschiatrist. Dr. Vikash assisted me as we both were on duty today.

It's been an hour, I was reading my book as there were no patients for now. Suddenly, the door of my cabin opened and an old man entered.

I don't know, but it looked somewhat similar.

A scarf was wrapped around his trembling body. His face was covered with forest of white flowing moustache. He wore a traditional dhoti. He was walking with the help of a crutch.

A man accompanied him. He greeted me.

" Hey, Jia ma'am, you here?" He said.

" Yes, but sorry I couldn't recall you and what's the issue?" I asked politely.

" Oh, I am Pranav, PA at Mallik Music Foundation. Actually, he is my dad's friend. He is going through schizophrenia. If you could help him?" He said sadly, pointing towards the old man. I was feeling bad for him.

" Ok. Please wait outside, I need to do cognitive behavioural therapy to know his case clearly. " I told him to wait outside. He nodded and went outside with a smile. That was weird.