It's A Fresh Start ~Chapter 20~

Steve glares his visibly tired husband from under the cozy sheets.

"Tony come to bed"

"I'm almost finished," said the man as he swiped the hologram float in his hand with some info on it as his tongue peeks through the side of his mouth in concentration.

"What are you even doing at this time of night? Well morning now"

"I am trying to find some info on how to deal with people who have been through heavy trauma while hacking some files on C.O.B.R.A, Peter's not ready to talk about what they did or why or how but I understand why, I just wish I could know everything so I don't trigger him, " Tony confessed

"I thought he would closer to you since you guys texted before"

"Me too but it's almost like he's hiding from me I don't know, I just wanna make sure he is ok, I can't even imagine being through half of what he's probably been through"

Steve smiled at how hard he was working to make sure everything ran smoothly, that's when some gears turned in his head.

"Why don't we do the confrontation thing" steve wondered

"you mean like with bucky, I don't know, maybe, he's only been here for one day so far"

"Well you can't continue blindly what if you say the wrong thing and he goes all winter solder on us?" steve countered 

"Makes enough sense Lets do it over breakfast while the rest are on the mission," Tony suggested

"sure" steve agreed "Now get your butt in bed"

"Such a goody two shoes you can't even say ass"

"Language" steve muttered as he closed his eyes ignoring his partner's teasing.

Peter's room

Peter stared at his ceiling, he was too jumpy to sleep with his mind thinking about what Chrissy was gonna do when they sold him or how nice it was here compared to C.O.B.R.A or how they are gonna surprise torture him. It was 2:45 am when he felt the sleep begging his eyelids to close, he put up a good fight but finally gave in.

"Peter" he heard a voice whisper

"Peter!" 

He turned in the pitch-black void to be met by the tired pain-filled eyes of lily.

"When are you going to save us?"

"You sleep here so peacefully while the rest of us rot?"

lily then ran full speed and grabbed Peter by the throat and morphed into Chrissy.

"The least you could have done is save them, you traitor"

Peter thrashed in her grasp, trying so hard to take in oxygen but failing

"Lily was right, they are rotting, rotting six feet under in their caskets, all because of you"

Chrissy then dropped peter and morphed into the voice.

It looked like Peter but in his night spider suit as his eyes glow purple like the drug that was used to control him, as his teeth and body are covered in blood and brain matter.