Chapter 38: You Kiss All Your Friends Like This?

Start from the beginning

He chuckled. "Fair enough."

We got onto the motorcycle and he took me to the loft like I asked him to, walking me to the door.

I turned to face Aaron. "Thank you, you really went all out."

He put his hands in his pockets, and dare I say he looked a little flustered. "I'm glad you liked it."

"C'était parfait," I said.

"You should know by now that I only speak English," Aaron remarked.

I chuckled. "Really? You can't even guess what I said?"

"I took German," he said.

"Oh, so you speak German?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I said I took it, not that I was good at it."

I laughed. "You're cute."

"Hey," he chuckled, cupping my face in his hands. "That's what I say."

We both smiled, and he lowered his head and kissed me tenderly.

Just then, a loud crash came from behind the door.

I flinched, pulling away. "What was that?"

Aaron shook his head. "Something breaking maybe?"

There was another crash, and I looked at him in alarm.

"What on earth could Jean be doing in there?" he asked.

I wondered that myself, and then I remembered seeing Scott's car when Aaron and I pulled up.

"Oh God," I panicked, frantically searching my pockets for the spare key Jean gave me. "Scott, he's in there too."

I placed the key inside the lock with shaky fingers and unlocked it, following the sound with Aaron right behind me.

"Scott you're hurting me!" I heard Jean cry.

I stepped into the kitchen, and saw the broken glass and scattered pots on the floor. I trembled one anger when I saw Jean backed against the wall, Scott gripping her arm like he wanted to break her bones there and then.

I charged at him but Aaron pulled me back, lunging at him instead. "Get off her!"

He pushed Scott out of the way and Scott fell back, crashing into the island.

"Oh my God, Jean!" I exclaimed, rushing over to my sister.

Her lip was bleeding and his hand had left a bruise forming on her arm and neck.

"Call 911," she trembled. "Fucking call 911!"

I did just that and frantically spat all the details to the person on the other end, hoping she understood me.

"Scott!" Jean yelled.

I looked over and saw him trying to attack Aaron. He was bigger, but he was too consumed in whatever rage this was to function properly. Aaron swiftly dodged him and he stumbled.