I pulled out the old box T.V., plugging the one cord into the outlet and using the nob to find something interesting. Soon I gave up and opened the dusty box filed to the top with old classic movies. Popping in Top Gun, I curled back into my spot, enjoying every moment. Netflix shows were crystal clear, both visually and audibly. Box T.V.s had this sense of comfort, for every few minutes a static line would run across the screen and the people's words would come out all robotic. I loved it's rustic features, made me feel like I was somewhere else.

Top Gun wasn't a movie I loved, but it wasn't too bad. My tummy started to rumble, so I crawled out of my shelter and tried once again to steal a snack or two. When the watcher was busying herself in the bathroom, I quickly sprang into action! I grabbed two bags of chips: one Doritos and another Takis, then I snatched a cup of water and a can of spirt. I rushed up the stairs when I caught a glimpse of a boy in our driveway.

Narrowing my eyes for a better look, I realized it was the Dominic kid from my Econ. class. I peeked to see if the hawk was busy still, so I went to the door and cracked it a bit, feeling a gush of wind, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"You weren't at school so I came to give you your things," he held out a bag, one that wasn't sealed shut so no air particles could reach it, no rubber gloves on his hands to show that it wasn't contaminated. He just held out the bag, like I was some normal human being. I could here the flush of the toilet, so I panicked and motioned for him to enter. "You sure?"

"Just hurry!" I propped the door, allowing him to sneak in, "Stay quiet and follow me!" Slowly we crept up the stairs, my heart beating fast since I was scared Alison would see him. Once we made it back into my safe haven, I dropped my goodies and slipped on my gloves, "You didn't have to bring me my stuff. The school ships it."

"I know," he bluntly said, admiring my creation, "so this is what you have been doing?"

"Not exactly," I slowly ripped open the bags of chips, trying not to make a sound, "I wasn't feeling a hundred percent this morning so I was required to stay home." He simply nodded, still staring at the room filled with crap, "This place is kinda just storage, but I can only hide here."

"Hide from who?"

"My nurse," I cover my mouth a bit, "her name is Alison. She's amazing at her job which is a huge pain for me." I popped a chip into my mouth, smiling wide, "Well, I haven't had someone over at my house for a long time. Kinda interesting."

"I'm surprised you let me in. I haven't been cleansed or anything."

"I guess," I mumbled, "truthfully, I care very little about that."

"In school you seemed to care a lot."

I replayed our first interaction, sighing to myself, "At school I'm a bit... well... I tend to be a little overboard. I tend to be overprotective and very cautious, probably because if anything happens I'm not allowed out anymore." I handed him the other bag of chips, "But here, I'm stuck here. This is my bubble of life so to me, a little invasion is fine. I mean my sister invades the space with her outside germs everyday, I can't just die from yours."

"You have a sister?"

"Yep," I fixed my gloves, "she's nothing special. Super loud and happy all the time."

"How old is she?"

"Two years younger, so she's turning 16 this year," I yawned, "her name is Kendra. She's dating a guy that I think is named Chris? She's on the cheer team and has crazy hair. Everyone says we look nothing alike, but if you pay close attention, we both have a mole right under our left eye. Mine is much darker than hers, plus a bit bigger, but she has one too. When we were little, hers was raven black while mine was a caramel brown." She used to cry over how much she hated it and hated me for having a 'cute' one. Now look at us. I leaned back against the couch, "Sometimes when she reads, she mumbled the words out loud. It helps her pay attention, if she doesn't do it she can't remember a damn thing. Once in elementary I had her read a story and asked her to write about it, but the girl couldn't remember. I made her reread it but say it out loud and she's always done it since."

He never opened the bag, just nodded and listened. Today he was wearing a very interesting outfit. He had on yellow pants, a white shirt tucked in, a brown flannel looking jacket and a grey hoodie. Nothing really went together and honestly... it was pissing me off.

I munched away on my chips as he stared at the movie, "You like Top Gun?"

"It's alright."

"My favorite movie of all time is Pretty in Pink," he admitted easily, "I just love the vibe they have, something I want."

"I've never seen it," I tried to recall the name, "only Breakfast Club."

"Know Princess?"

"Yep."

"She's in Pretty in Pink," I nodded in amazement, "my mom made me watch old movies with her as I was growing up. She said that I needed to be well 'seasoned' and not dumb like everyone else my age."

"I don't think we are dumb."

"Do you know what Forest Gump is?"

"Of course!"

"Green Mile?"

I blinked a couple times, "Um... what?"

He just nodded, "Dumb." I wanted to hit him or better yet, throw something at him, but I just huffed and turned my attention to the movie. After the beach house scene, he spoke again, "So how am I supposed to leave your house?"

I pointed to the door blocked by boxes filled with picture frames, "Walk through there. Go down the stairs and take a left, then boom. You'll see a wired gate that looks rusty and you're outside!"

"Rusty?"

"I haven't gone out that way in a long time," I closed up the bag, "last time was when I was ten and playing around with Kendra. Hide-and-Seek was our shit back then." He chuckled, agreeing with my statement. When the movie finished we both decided to watch Nightmare On Elm Street and Edward Scissorhands but after he left.

It was fun to have company. Someone who wasn't paranoid over if I was breathing a bit slower than my usual rate or faster. I felt like a normal person for 3 hours.