12

"How'd it go?" Gil asks amused from the wheel when he sees the seven of them get on board, Daniel and Ben go to opposite ends of the ship while Evie and Victoria carry Mal to her room

"Wrong island" Uma says climbing the steps to Gil "but we met a goddess"

"A goddess?" Gil says surprised "was she pretty?" He asks wiggling his eyebrows

"Beautiful" she says "the prettiest girl I've ever seen"

"Girl?" Gil starts to pull away from the dock

"That how she appeared" Uma explains "a girl no older than twelve, chocolate brown hair and warm golden eyes. She gave us ambrosia"

"Is that the special drink only gods use?" Gil frowns trying to remember from all of the myths Uma showed him weeks ago.

"That's the one" Uma nods, the Lost Boys get to work on the sails and tie some lose rope as they head for Lerna, the last island and where Hestia said Hades would be.

"What happened to them?" Gil asks steering them away from Siracusa, Uma looks at Ben and Daniel and shrugs

"Hell if I know" Uma scoffs "we went into the garden and we came back out they were like that" she laughs and Gil snorts

"And Mal?" he noticed how much Mal was swaying when they brought her on board

"Got bitten by the hydra, got some in poison in her system" Uma says nonchalant as if she had merely twisted an ankle "she'll be fine she drank the ambrosia too"

"Doesn't her mom spit venom or something?" Gil asks and Uma nods. That's what they had wanted to tell Ben back at the garden but he was so hysterical he wouldn't have listened. That's why they hadn't freaked out because of Mal's natural immunity to venom, anyone else would have died from the bite but Mal just got sick, in part because the venom is different from one the one that flows in her veins and also because the amount of venom increased so suddenly.

"How long?" Uma asks Gil who looks up at the sails and at the horizon

"Four, five hours" he says "better go under and get some rest. Given our track record you'll need it" Uma smiles and pats his arm before going down to her quarters and taking a small nap.

It hasn't been long since they've left Siracusa when Doe the lookout changes flags hastily and blows the horn

"Pirates!" He yells from the crows nest, the Vernelle flag is gone replaced by the Holy Trinity's pirate flag which is a kraken sinking a ship. The Lost Boys scramble to their battle positions and both Harry and Gil yell out orders. Gil spots the pirate ship to their right and angles the Holy Trinity to intercept them head on.

"We can't catch a goddamn break today!" Victoria yells as she kicks the door to her quarter open. She huffs up the stairs to Harry's position at the front of the ship.

"Who are they?" She asks materializing a telescope and searching for a flag or any identification.

"I don't know yet" Harry says his eyes shinning and a smile on his face "but it doesn't matter, the Trinity doesn't lose" Victoria smiles, pleased at his confidence and knowing he and the other crew members have the abilities to back it up

"Do they belong to Siracusa?" Daniel asks stepping up beside Victoria

"There's no telling" Victoria hands him the telescope and grips the bow before her, some of her energy returning to her. Harry has left them to go tell orders and ready the canons and other nasty surprises.

"Can you fight?" Daniel asks rubbing her arms, he knows that even though the ambrosia is magical and she's no longer physically hurt her magic is still quite low at the moment. Victoria turns around leaning on the bow, she looks so carefree as she looks at the Holy Trinity's crew running around preparing for confrontation.