Chapter 6

"Two more shots, love."

Dylan ordered the skinny, blonde that was serving drinks that night. She happily complied as her fingers pushed the filled-up shot glasses across the wooden counter while her lips mumbled in a coquettish tone as Dylan gratified her.

I turned my head towards him in awe as I drank up.

"Teach me how you do it."

"Do what?"

He paused, as his wrist twisted the tip of his half-empty glass of whiskey.

"Charm every girl."

I stated with my almond eyes pointing at the lady bartender staring in our direction, making it pretty evident that she was trying to get his attention.

He let out a smirk.

"Are you jealous?"

"You wish."

My head tossed over to the guy a couple of seats away as he waved in my direction. Not gonna lie, it made me subconsciously let out a smile.

He was cute.

I thought to myself as my body began to feel the after-effects of the intoxicating drink. This is why I don't drink. I told my mind, as the urge to contain myself began to weaken.

After the first couple shots, I lost count of the amount of drinks I had consumed ever since we got here but I was dead sure I had more than I was supposed to. I never really drank more than one glass so I wasn't too sure of what my alcohol tolerance was, which is why I so confidently instructed Dylan to keep ordering more, until now. When the effect finally started to kick in.

"You know staring is just gonna creep him out."

Dylan's voice broke my gaze as I winced.

"I wasn't staring."

I brushed my loosely brushed hair behind my ear, and nervously stirred the straw around the ice cubes that had now sunk to the bottom of the glass.

"Well, one of us is lying and it isn't me."

"Okay maybe.."

I glanced back to get a better look, but to my disappointment, he was gone.

"There love."

My eyes followed Dylan's glare to the same guy that was dancing with a dark chocolate-haired woman who wore a pastel white- off-the-shoulder dress. I couldn't quite make out her face, with the blurry lights flickering everywhere but I was sure she was gorgeous.

"At least she's not a blonde."

I snatched Dylan's glass from his hand as I consumed the remaining sips of whiskey.

"Since when do you have a problem with blondes?"

"Since one of them slipped into Tyler's pants."

I regretted the words the second they left my lips but it was too late to take them back.

"Who- what?"

Dylan clenched his fist as his sober eyes went red.

"No he- she- nevermind."

I muttered, wishing I didn't just say that. I wasn't in the mood to explain everything to Dylan, not when I was finally loosening up.

"Give me your phone." his voice grew deep.

"NO Dylan! You promised me I'd have fun tonight."

My hands gripped the edge of his shirt as something inside me incited me to lean closer- that 'something' was the flush of hormones that the alcohol brought about.

"Blair wha-"

He caught me just in time as I was saved from making an impulsive move.

"S-sorry."

What was I doing?

"Can we just not talk about him tonight?"

I tried to cover up, as I took a step back trying to process what was going on inside my head but I couldn't make sense of it. I felt this rush inside me, It was like all the hate towards Tyler turned into something sexual? Was I frustrated? I wasn't sure. I just wanted to let it out, to forget about him and everything he did, to just not care for a while, just a few seconds. But I knew hooking up with someone wasn't gonna help, especially if that someone was Dylan? I could never do that.

"Whoa." I felt an arm grasp me, but it wasn't Dylan.

"Hi beautiful."

The baritone voice spoke up.

I turned my head to notice that it was the guy that had been waving towards me earlier. Looking at him, just inches away from my face, I could make out that his eyes were a particular shade of baby blue. Tyler's face instantly appeared in my mind as I shrugged off the individual that dared to remind me of him.

"Get away."

I shouted out my thoughts as I pushed the confused-looking man away from my face and made my way to the edge of the dance floor where my hands held onto a crowded table.

I looked up to see a couple of drunk girls dancing on top of the rounded table, with the guys grooved around them. I have no idea what came over me, I've never been confident about myself, much less about gyrating my body around a bunch of inebriated strangers but something pulled me in.

The next thing I knew, my heels were off and my hips were swaying along the beat of the music as the crowd began to hoot. I felt a sense of thrill as their attention moved from the other girls to me. My hand gripped a bottle out of a black-haired, scruffy-faced guy in the front as I chugged up what tasted like a bad after taste of vodka. I dropped it back into his awe-struck hands and continued running my fingers through my now tangled hair whilst the music swayed my body. The adrenaline in me exhilarated as I began to feel the heat that the clumped-up space provided.

"Is it getting hot?"

I asked, a little too loud. The replies and calls that came out from the shove of blurry faces stimulated the urge to slowly slip the strap of my dress, as I felt it touch the skin of my arms, leading it to expose my shoulders. A whistle blew as the flash of the cameras shone out of the crowd.

This was going to be regretfully fun.