Chapter 4~

The airport clock displayed in red letters,

'Saturday, 25th May.'

It was like, it too knew it was my birthday, but like the past few hours, I ignored the happiness it brought to me, and instead inhaled the flare of fresh air that filled the atmosphere, as I dragged my Hillfigger suitcase outside the sliding door.

The hours before the flight had been a pandemonium- with the most difficult thing being leaving convincing voice notes to my mother as I explained to her how crucial it was to let me go to London.

It's an internship of a lifetime, an experience, I'll learn so much about the city...' and a bunch of other flattery words.

Once, that had been taken care of - and by taken care of, I mean having to constantly give her reassurance that this wasn't some sort of reckless decision and I had actually thought this through- total lie- I then, needed to make sure that I actually had a place to rest my head, in the unknown city; Dylan.

In short and simple words, I chaotically called him and thankfully, there was a spot at the internship, so there was no problem there. The only issue I'd face on my first night was not having a place to stay, which is why he proposed I stay with him, and as much as I'd disagree with that, I had nowhere else to turn to.

Ofcourse, I was going to make my own set arrangements for the rest of my stay, which is why I booked a night at the Jade hotel- for the day after and my plan was to then spend my time finding an apartment somewhere near Dylan's place for the remainder of the month.

Lastly, Lexi hadn't picked up my calls- so there really was no one to talk any sense into me. With Tyler, I merely stopped glancing over his repetitive texts, and sent him a simple message,

'We're done.'

I knew what I was doing was the unhealthiest way to cope with what I just witnessed, but I couldn't really sit and process it all, while knowing that the one person I trusted the most, not only cheated on me with a girl who's communication with me is an arrays of 'I hate you, you hate me,' but he didn't bother telling me for a week, and to top it all off, I found out in a room full of people that found the situation funny- I mean who wouldn't find it amusing that a girl gets dumped and ditched a party, on her own birthday? I wish I could have blamed it all on the drink I consumed, but that little sip of alcohol really had nothing to do with my decision.

Regardless, that was a pain I'd deal with later. In the trance of me getting out of the cab and rushing upstairs to pack everything I could find- including my passports, cash, credit card, clothes, suitcase; I magically managed, and now here I was, stepping out of the airport on the streets of London.

I stopped for a moment, dropping my suitcase and taking my phone out. Finally, I had some signal and I used the remaining 3% of my battery to text my mom that I had landed. To this day, I failed to learn my lesson of carrying a portable charger when traveling- then again, my excuse for this time was my lack of time.

As I slid my phone back into my sweats, my fingers clutched onto my hoodie as I began to wish that I had worn more than just a tank top underneath- at least I didn't show up in my party dress. I thought to myself as I felt pity for the poor thing being stuffed inside my luggage. It deserved better than to be shoved underneath, then again, so did I.

I snapped out as my ears began complaining at the vexing sound of a man calling out, in the midst of the silent mummers.

Can he shut up?
I thought to myself as I skimmed around the place, trying to find the voice that simply refused to keep its tone down.