Chapter 36

~Blair~

"What?" I let out, as Alyssa practically drooled over the fact that she and Dylan were partnered up.

They had been instructed to book the magician for the upcoming fundraiser, which usually wouldn't require them to have to go together, but the man was giving them problems, so they had no choice but to make that trip.

"Blair, I need you to help me with the kids' work- do you have your paintings?" Maya dictated as I nodded my head.

"I've made two so far but-"
"Yeah, that's perfect." She clapped at everyone as she juggled to make sure everyone finished their tasks.

It was Thursday afternoon, and the day of the internship was over with all the interns gone home. I stayed back since Dylan had been doing so already for the past week and I felt useless for not doing the same.

The date of the fundraiser had already been finalized to the coming Wednesday, 20th of June. That was only 6 days from now so everyone was in a rush. It was also one of the other reasons I volunteered to help out in any way I could. Who knew? It may give my end of the month certificate a little something extra.

Besides, spending time here didn't feel like work to me. It was enjoyable, and I had started to get along with everyone except Alyssa- who was the one person I hadn't been on the best of terms with, ever since our little cat fight. Neither of us came forward with an apology of any sort, and we both did our best to make the other's life a tinge more unbearable.

She threw in extra tasks at me every chance she got, and when I didn't complete them, blamed it on my 'incompetence' or 'lack of willingness to work.' I did have my fair share in agitating her as well, as I shoved in the fact that Dylan was mine every chance I got, including this very moment.

"Hey."
Dylan walked over to me, as Maya turned her back to us and dug her mind into the bundle of pertinent papers she was grasping onto.

"Hi. How's your day been?"

I asked, moving closer to him, as my side-eye caught a glance of Alyssa starring.

"Good-Stressful."
He exhaled as his grip held the fingertips of my hand. I hadn't seen him all morning- we barely had any time to see each other with our groups being separate and the fundraiser deadline getting nearer, but that made our miniature moments so much more treasurable.

"Dylan we have to go."
Alyssa's voice curled from behind as I clenched my teeth while Dylan lightly grinned at my palpable envy.

"It's cute when you're jealous."
He taunted me, as I frowned.

"I'm not jealous."
I told him off, taking his face in my hand, as I punched our lips together. The kiss was slow but passionate, as I inhaled his scent in, while his wrist clutched my backside, making my tongue drizzle in his mouth.

"Maybe I should get Alyssa to hang out with me more often." He bluntly taunted as I ignored and tugged on his bottom lip, while our fingers brushed against each other. "She's gone, love."

I peered backward to see that he was telling the truth, but I still managed to give him one last kiss.

"I didn't do that to only show off."

"Really, there's an alternative reason?" He mocked, as I rolled my eyes.

"We'll never know." I gazed into his lustful eyes, as I leaned to cushion my lips against his again, but got interrupted by an alarmed voice that made me turn back.

"Hey guys, you're adorable but could both of you please separate. We have a very limited amount of time."
Maya spoke, as I bit my tongue to contain my giggle from seeping out.