Is It Not A Bit Odd?

Note: There is a trigger warning at the end of this chapter. It will be labeled.

Chase shuddered as he helped Henrik with Jackie's injuries. They weren't too bad, really but Actor sure did punch back just as fierce, it seemed.

But he couldn't get him out of his head. 

He knew Actor wasn't there anymore but the way he spoke . . . it sent shivers down his spine. He felt uncomfortable being around everyone. 

And Anti didn't look too different. He was being treated by Dr. Iplier and coddled by Sean.

'Now he treats him like his ego again, hm?' Chase thought to himself, 'I wonder if it's unspoken? Does he consider him his ego for real again? Wonder if Anti accepts it?'

Then Chase's eyes landed on Dark who was talking with Mark. He seemed almost too comfortable but that was probably because of the relief of Actor being gone.

'Speaking of that twat, what happened? Did Dark kill him? He hasn't said. I assuming, though'

Suddenly Dark locked eyes with Chase and the father could feel something eerie shoot through him. He looked away and when he glanced again, Dark was talking once more with his fellow egos.

'Maybe it was just me. Although it wouldn't be surprising. I know he's still pissed at me for what happened between me and Anti. I don't blame him'

And yet something really didn't feel right.

But before he could think more on it, Bing's voice distracted him, "Hey dude, you alright? I tried to check your hearing on that one ear snapping my fingers but ya didn't respond."

Chase lifted his hand to touch the ear that he shot next to. He snapped his own fingers there but couldn't ear anything. 

Chase shook off, though and grinned back at him, "Yeah, man, everything's great.  I'll get Marvin to fix that later. What about you? Doing okay?"

Bing shrugged, "It's good, I guess. Google's pissed that we couldn't do anything to help but if bullets or shit like that couldn't do anything, what could have we done? Ya know?"

"Yeah, I get it. Don't worry, man. I'm sure Dark doesn't blame ya"

"Anti sure is happy. I don't wanna think about what would've happened if Dark didn't win. Shit got real REAL quick today, that's fer sure"

"You're not kidding. I could nap for a month now"

Bing just laughed.

"Doc, I'm fine, I promise" Jackie was trying to tear away from Henrik, "It's just a scratch! Don't worry about it. I've been through worse!"

"But you could get infection! Sit back down!"

"Chase, help me out here!" Jackie tried to escape but the father just watched it happen as Henrik nabbed his ear.

"Do not run from me!"

"Pft. Wimp" Chase commented teasingly and glanced back over to Sean, Dr. Iplier and Anti. Mark, Dark and Amy were with them now visiting and he could just barely make out what they were saying.

"You sure you want to get back into the scene so soon, Anti? It was just a couple days ago that-"

"No, I'm fine. I'm sure. We're good now. It'll be fine"

Mark gave him a look but let it be, "If you're sure, then. You're not being forced to do this, Anti. Someone else could easily take your place"

"I said I'm fine" Anti was a bit more firm, "Just let me. . ."