Sore and In Doubt

Dark laid in his bed in Iplier's office. He was still tired but slowly getting better. Healing Anti had really exhausted him.

But it was worth it. He didn't know what he would do if he lost his friend. Or any of the Ipliers, really. Family was everything to him and he'd be damned if he let death claim them.

Or Actor.

He still saw Anti's dying face under his eyelids. The fear overwhelming him. The panic of losing someone he cared about. Again.

He couldn't do it. He remembered the pain of Damien losing Celine. Nearly losing Wil to his insanity. He couldn't lose Anti, too.

He knew blaming Chase completely was brash but how couldn't he be angry with him? Every time he's even looked over at Anti, his eyes held hate. Dark despised that.

And then all this shit happens with Actor and Anti defends Chase!? On the inside, he knew why but he . . . .just couldn't get over it.

And then Anti disappears. 

He knew where he went, though. It was breakfast time.

What he didn't expect was for Anti to come back down nearly an hour later with a plate full of homemade pastries!

Dark tried to sit up but found he couldn't so he leaned up on one arm, "Where the hell did you get those?"

Henrik saw Anti enter as well, though, "YES, DO SAY VHERE! YOU VHERE SUPPOSED TO STAY IN BED!"

"Easy there, Hen" Iplier chuckled, "If he's up to it, he can-"

"DELINQUENT!"

"Okay" Iplier sighed.

Anti ignored the doctors and sat down on his cot  and merely offered Dark a pastry, "You hungry?"

"That does not answer my question!" Dark snapped, ". . . . ..  But yes"

Henrik gave a loud sigh and threw his hands up as if nothing he said mattered, "Ugh vhy do I bother?"

"I don't know" his friend just smirked.

"So?" Dark quickly stole Anti's treat, taking a bite out of it, "Why?"

"Why'd you steal mine!? I had a perfectly fresh one on this fooking plate for you!"

"Because I wouldn't have gotten this reaction. Now explain yourself"

"Ugh fine" Anti stole HIS treat back and finished it before Dark could steal it again, "I had cereal but Chase and Bing came in and they wanted to make homemade poptarts so I helped"

Dark just stared at him, "Seriously? Are you really-" he flopped down on his back, staring up at the ceiling, "You really are ridiculous, you know this?"

"WHAT!? I got a better breakfast! And besides, Chase apologized. I think we're good"

Dark just scoffed, "He just doesn't want everyone to hate him."

"He. . ." Anti's good mood faded a little.

Dark knew he sort of fucked up in saying that, "Anti, I didn't mean it like that"

"Yes, you did. But it's alright, I guess. I'm not weak, Dark. Even if he was using my trust to his own advantage, it wouldn't be the first time I was hurt"

"Doesn't mean it has to happen"

"Shit happens" Anti shrugged, "You feeling better today?"

He sighed, "Sort of. Not quite completely though. Might take a few more days to get back up to par, you know?"