Love.

Alya's head lied on Marinette's lap as the two girls were spread on Marinette's bedroom floor. Marinette stared up at her ceiling as Alya turned her phone off, placing it next to her before sitting up and turning to her best friend.

"Nothing yet?" She asked. Marinette shook her head, ripping her eyes from the blank ceiling above and sitting up. She ran her hands through her dark hair with frustration.

"Not at all. It's like the topic completely died," Marinette looked at her hands, clamping them together in her lap. "I know I said I'd be patient. But I can't help but be curious. Any normal person would be. Of course I won't bring it up, but you do know where I'm coming from, right?" She asked, looking at Alya.

Alya sighed, nodding. "I get it, Marinette. It sucks. You two need communication to work out but you get where he's coming from too, right?" She asked. Marinette nodded.

"Definitely. I just hope he can tell me soon. This whole situation makes me feel like he doesn't think he can trust me." Marinette sighed. Alya hummed, moving over to sit next to Marinette and put her head on her shoulder.

"I'm sure it's nothing like that, Marinette. You just overthink, and you know that." Alya said. Marinette remained quiet. Alya was right. It was probably not even that big of a situation. Much less to be worried about. If it was really bad, Adrien would definitely tell her. He'd never not tell her. He even reassured her it wasn't anything dreadful. She was just overthinking.

"Alright. We should wrap up the proj-"

"Honey, Adrien's here to see you!"

Marinette and Alya froze simultaneously. Alya's head lifted off Marinette's shoulder and she turned to her.

"How does he always do that?" Alya said. Marinette looked at Alya, letting out a single laugh. Alya laughed and shrugged. "Seriously, how? It's scary." She said.

"We didn't finish our project." Marinette sighed. Alya ruffled her best friend's hair.

"Don't worry 'bout it. I'll finish it up." She said. Marinette scoffed.

"I cannot ask you to finish this project, Alya. You know I'd nev-"

"Relax, girl. It's like writing our names on a piece of paper. Go talk to Adrien. I'll call you later, okay?" Alya hugged Marinette before she grabbed her bag and walked out of her bedroom.

"Thank you!" Marinette called out, standing up from her spot on the floor as she walked out of her room. She walked down the stairs of her house and to the bakery, meeting Adrien's eyes as she signaled for him to come upstairs. He smiled at her parents before following Marinette into her room, and plopping on her bed. Marinette sat next to him and smiled.

"What's up?" She asked. Adrien sighed.

"I know it's been maybe..two weeks since we last talked about this but, I'm ready to tell you what I didn't tell you the other day." Adrien said. Marinette sat up a little.

"Uh, okay. Go ahead." She said, letting him proceed. Adrien took a deep breath, analyzing his hands before looking up at Marinette.

"Before I say anything I want you to know, that I've only taken this long because I felt like I needed to be sure. I didn't want to not be sure and hurt your feelings. But, having the time to think, I'm sure now." He said. Marinette nodded, letting him know she was listening.

"Marinette, I love you." He said, "I love the way you laugh at everyone's jokes, I love the way you looked at me, the way you light up any room you walk into with just your smile, the way you play with your hair when your blushing, hell, even the tiny fiddles with your rings that you think I don't notice but I do. I do notice them. I notice everything about you. God, it's so easy for me to get distracted around you." Adrien spoke. Marinette's eyes widened as the blush that started on her cheeks spread to her entire face.

Sorry, I'm babbling. But that's what I wanted to say. It's how I feel. If you don't feel the same, I can leave and give you some space." Adrien cleared his throat. Marinette grabbed her hands and tightly grasped them.

"I do."

Adrien chuckled. "It's a little early for that, Marinette."

"No! I-i mean, I do feel the same," Marinette said, looking down as the blush on her face remained. "I love you too, Adrien." She said. Adrien used his index finger on his vacant hand to lift Marinette's face to meet his gaze.

"Say it again." He said. Marinette smiled. She let go of his hand and let both of her hands grab the sides of his perfectly-sculptured face.

"I love you, Agreste. I love you more than words."

Adrien quickly leaned in, swiftly shutting the gap between the two of the teens and kiss her delicately. Their lips moved together in a shower of passion and love as Adrien's hands move to her waist. The two pulled away, placing their foreheads together, their eyes closed.

"I love you too, princess. I love you too."

------------------------------

im so sad this book is coming to an end soon :(((