Melt.

The next few days went by almost too quickly. The week mostly consisted of Marinette and Alya going to the nearby park with Adrien and Nino most of the time. Other days, Marinette stayed home and helped her parents with managing the bakery. She had given her and Adrien much thought before finally coming to a conclusion about them.

"Marinette, dear? Are you alright?"

Marinette jumped, being shaken out of her thoughts. She turned to her mother, who stood by her by the cashier.

"Yeah, sorry. Just a little distracted by work from school. It's nothing." Marinette lied. Sabine nodded.

"Alright. Wash up and get ready for dinner." Her mother said. Marinette nodded, walking off from behind the counter and up to her room. Stopping into the bathroom nearby, she looked at herself in the mirror.

"What am I doing? Get it straight, Marinette. Stop overthinking. You're ready, just nervous." Marinette told herself. She sat down on her bed, rubbing her face with her hands.

"Marinette, there's someone here for you!" She heard her mom from downstairs. Marinette stood up and walked downstairs, looking over at the door to the bakery.

She saw Adrien, standing next to the door outside and smiling at her. She instantly felt her heart race.

'Now was the time. She needed to tell him.'

Marinette smiled softly and walked out of the bakery to stand by him.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked him. He shrugged.

"I was around the area, so I decided to stop by and see if you'd like to take a walk with me by any chance?" He asked. Marinette smiled.

"Sure." She said. The two walked, going along the sidewalk in the neighborhood in the silence. It was nice.

A few minutes had passed before Adrien suddenly spoke up.

"This is nice. Being here with you, you know. No Chloe. No worries. Nothing tense roaming around. Just, us." He sighed, looking up into the sky. The sun was supposed to set soon. Marinette looked over at Adrien.

"It is, isn't it? I was just thinking the same. It's somewhat soothing." She said. Adrien smiled, looking over at her.

"Thank you, by the way." He said. Marinette hummed.

"For what?" She asked, confused. Adrien's hand moved to Marinette's and clutched hers. She gave her hand a light squeeze.

"For forgiving me. If I were you, I wouldn't have. But really, I'm beyond grateful. So, thank you." He said. Marinette's cheeks were a light pink as she smiled to herself.

"I care about you, no matter how angry, or upset you had made me. You aren't the person your father made you. You're you. Adrien Agreste. Chat Noir. My Chaton. And nothing can change that. Once I came to terms with that, I felt myself feeling like I have no reason to be mad at all anymore. I truly did." She said. Adrien chuckled.

"I'm glad I make you feel so flushed, Mari." He teased. Marinette snickered.

"Shut up, Agreste." She laughed.

After a few minutes of small talk, the two decided to make their way back. Seeing the lights in the bakery were off, Marinette nodded.

"Alright, well I'll see you on Monday?" She asked. Adrien nodded.

"I'll see you then, Marinette. Goodnight Beautiful." He smiled again. She returned the smile. Adrien turned around, letting go of her hand and walking away. Marinette felt a sudden pain in her heart. It didn't feel good to watch him walk away from her.

"A-adrien wait!" She shouted, running towards him. He turned around, confused. Marinette grabbed his hands. She looked up at him, her face pink from blushing so hard.

"I'm ready for this. For us. I want us to be together, and I want to be yours. I can't bear the sight of you walking away from me, I want you!" She said, in one breath. Adrien looked taken aback for a few seconds before his eyes softened and he smirked. One of his hands let go on Marinette's and moved up to her chin.

"I knew you couldn't resist me. Do you know how long I've waited for this?" He asked. Marinette remained quiet, staring into his eyes. Her heart was beating like crazy. Adrien leaned in.

"Forever, Marinette. I've been waiting forever for you. Be my girlfriend." He said. Marinette smiled softly, nodding.

"Of course I will, Adrien." His lips connected with hers after she said the words. Their lips moved in sync as they both melted into puddle within from waiting for so long for the moment they would finally be able to look at one another and call the other, mine.

-----------------------------------

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, I'VE BEEN PROCRASTINATING MAJORLY FOR IT. I FELT LIKE I NEEDED TO WRITE SOMETHING CUTE FOR MY LOVEBIRDS AND I'M IN A GREAT MOOD BC I'M OFFICIALLY 16!

ALSO, BIG SHOUTOUT AND ILY TO THOSE OF YOU WHO DMED ME BECAUSE YALL WANTED TO BE FRIENDS. THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH. HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE. STAY SAFE! <3