Chapter 20

Mal POV.

I was now sitting on the bed trying to calm myself down, then he walked in. He said, "can we talk?" I nodded and he came and sat next to me on the bed. It was so awkward. He then said, "I know its a shock that Im your father but.." I stopped him and said, "look I don't even know who you are but the reason I don't want you here is that I have just given birth then I met my twin properly for the first time and as most people can tell right now, Im stressed" he then said, "Im sorry, I shouldn't have just ran into your hospital room" I then turned to him and said, "why are you really here?" he gave me a confused look and I then said, "why are you talking to me? why didn't you just leave? and what do you expect to get out of this conversation?" he sighed and said, "I don't know what I want out of this conversation but, I do know that I didn't have a great parent growing up, my father abandoned when I was around your age, my mother passed away. I found out that you didn't have a great upbringing either and that's when I knew I had to eventually speak to you"

I then stood up and said, "you have no idea what it was like for me!" I was walking away from him but then he grabbed my hand and said, "Im not trying to compare, but I have more of an idea than you think" we stood there in silence until he said, "take off your cardigan" I replied with, "What?" he then pulled up my sleeve and said, "I knew it, you were abused weren't you? you have scars all up your arm" I then yanked my arm and broke down into tears I then sat on the floor and he sat next to me and I whispered, "I used to say to myself, every scar has a story, It would cheer me up sometimes, but not this time" he then said, "tell me one of your storys" I hesitated and then took of my cardigon prevailing many scars. I pointed out a large one on my shoulder, I then said, "This one, I was 7 me and my best friend Jay were jumping across the roofs of houses, together we spray painted the Isle and stole from all the markets but I was outside where I lived and I saw someone drop there basket full of shopping. Instinctly I went to help pick it up" I paused and then he said, "But how did you get the scar?" I then continued with, "That evening when I got back she punished me, It turns out she saw me help someone from the balcony and I was a disappointment" tears were now dripping from my face. On queue my little girl started crying. I went over to pick her up, then Emma and Henry walked in.

Emma saw that I was crying and said, "Hey whats wrong?" I brushed it of and said, "Nothing, Im fine" she then said, "we will talk later but, Mary-Margaret, Granny and Ruby are here do you want them to come in?" I nodded and Emma went to get them. Neal then said, "I think its best I leave" I then sighed and said, "wait, its fine you can stay" he then replied with, "Are you sure?" I nodded. Thats when Mary-Margaret, Granny and Ruby ran into the room, Emma soon followed and practically as soon as Mary-Margaret was in the room she was holding my little girl. I suddenly said, "Im going for a walk" and then I bolted out the room. I walked outside of the hospital and sat on the bench. Then a tall man walked over to me and asked if I was alright. I was extremely emotional and I just burst into tears and shook my head. He then sat next to me on the bench. I turned to him and said, "Not long ago I was stealing sweets from babies then people wanted me to be this princess now a mother. I can't cope! I can't do anything!" He then put his arm around me. I suddenly stood up and said, "Im so sorry, I shouldn't have put any of that on you"

He chuckled slightly and said, "No, no really its fine, Im the deputy sheriff, Im supposed to help people in the town its my job" I stared at him blankly and hesitantly said, "Your Emma Swans Dad?" he tilted his head and said, "Um, yeah how did you know that?" I turned around to walk back into the hospital and then said, "I shouldn't really speak to you" he ran after me and said, "Whys that?" I turned to him and suddenly I reached for my stomach in pain, I also started bleeding. He then quickly said, "We need to get you to a doctor now" I  then shouted, "No, Im fine!" he then grabs me and holds me whilst I cry in pain, he takes me to Dr. Whale and he says the room I was in and that he will be there ASAP. He sprints me to my room, he kicks open the door. Thats when he noticed everyone in the room. He put me down on the bed and the nurses came running in not long after, they pushed everyone out of the room until it was just me, Dr.Whale and 4 Nurses.