Chapter 14

Henry POV.

I knew this was my sister, and it seemed so did she. Everything seemed so awkward we just stood there. Mal said, "Emma it's fine, go, I am a big girl I've looked after myself my whole life I'm sure I can survive for a few hours" she gave Emma a hug and pushed her out the door.

Me and Mum went downstairs to Granny's to get a hot chocolate with cinnamon, then I said, "so, what's her story?" she replied confused with, "Her story?" I said, "Yes, I know she is my Sister, so what's her background and where has she been all these years?". Emma paused for a little then said, "Henry, her background has not been the best, she has seen things no 14-year-old should see and it's very personal, I can't share everything with you" I stared blankly into her face then said, "She's 14, that means............ she's my twin" Emma just nodded, I stood up and put my fists on the table and in an angry tone said, "I want to meet her" Emma replied with, "She doesn't want to meet anyone Henry, I'm sorry, but when she does want to start seeing people, you will be the first I call" I sat down and looked down then I said, "Why didn't you tell me?" she replied with, "because I didn't know where she was and, you were both a closed adoption, the difference between us and her is you found me and brought me here, but I gave you both up for adoption so legally I'm not allowed any contact" I understood what she was saying but she could have still said something. 

Emma POV.

Henry was asking me so many questions I had to be careful not to say anything because I want to keep her life private. I understand that Henry wants to know and it's hard that I've kept this from him but he has to respectful. I also think that I need to get to know her before anyone else can and we need to spend time together, just like me and Henry did when I first came to storybooks. I just hope he can understand and maybe I can influence Mal to meet him for just a little while.