21) Drinks.

Hey everybody, I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Thank you to everybody that messaged to say Happy Birthday, I appreciate every message <3

Please comment and vote if you enjoyed the chapter

-Aimee x

-0-0-0-0-0

"What do you mean his mother thought that you were his assistant?" Kendall questioned, the wine in her glass sloshed as she moved closer to whisper the question. Despite how silent she was trying to be in the restaurant we currently were seated at, I noticed at least one couple turn their heads to look at our direction

I took a giant swig of my drink and almost chuckled at her acting since her and I both knew that she was just passed the point of being tipsy. "Well damn Ken, I don't think that the president heard you, maybe louder next time." I sarcastically joked; at least she had the decency to look bashful at the jab.

"Oopsies." She smiled behind her glass.

It was the second time that I would explain my 'story' to my best friends, but I knew she was just as confused as I was at the way the day had gone. "Nothing more to understand, when I met her she said that it was how she knew me. By being the assistant that her son had spoken of." I shrugged.

"Well fuck me babe, he really is a dickhead." She said in a sing-song voice and raised her glass in the air as if to make a toast.

I could not disagree and smirked instead as I took a bite of the truffle pizza that we were sharing, "Well his not my problem anymore. It's about time that I cut him off and focus on myself again." I spoke around a mouthful of food.

"Cheers to that." This time I snorted loudly, Kendall would use any excuse to induldge.

I leaned back in my chair as I took the time to examine my best friend for the first time in what felt like forever and took note of her new hairdo and outfit. Her hair had been styled in a half-up, half-down hair style and it had been dyed purple with a pink ombré effect. It definitely caused her to stand out from the stuck up and 'sophisticated' crowed that sat at the tables surrounding us. For tonight's adventure/trying to get Aurora out of her funk that she had found herself in, Ken had decided that the best way to sort everything out was to dress for the occasion.

Therefore she had decided on a red-silk-belted Louis Vuitton dress that reached just below her the curve of her bottom, which left her long golden legs on full display and had caused more than a few heads to turn in our direction as soon as we had stepped into the building.

She was so colourful and I loved it.

It helped to distract me from the simple fact that my life was looking rather dull at the moment so having her here with me and reminding me how much life there was still left to live for.

"So what's the plan of action after I wake up with a headache tomorrow?" Kendall asked and managed to successfully remove me from the trance I had realised I was in. "Well, I know I have to head back to my apartment tomorrow and sort things out with my father. Thank god he didn't get rid of it."

"Yeah, who knows where you could have crashed if you didn't have an apartment." She rolled her eyes as she pulled her house keys from her to dangle them for emphasis on the fact that I would always have a home with her.

I rolled my eyes at her dramatics, "Yeah I know, but it wouldn't have been right to mooch off of you. Especially considering how much of an awful friend I have been lately."