18) Crib.

Hey all, I know I owe you guys a million chapters (3 weeks worth to be exact) since I went MIA (again 💔) and I'll hopefully have those out by the end of this week coming 🤞🏽

Even though I know I don't deserve this could you please try and get this chapter to 10 likes and five comments? Pretty please, unless you didn't like it then please say if you didn't

Stay safe and kind everybody
- Aimee x

—@—

I smiled at her instead of commenting on her statement and watched as her attention turned back to Gio. "I waited until you got here to do the ultrasound daddy."

I was positive that my body visibly tensed at her words, but the look on his face immediately made me feel guilty. He was happy, the happiest I had ever seen him be. Just then the nurse from earlier made her way back into the room with a doctor in tow.

He was an older gentleman with dark hair that was thinning, but it was obvious that he had begun to dye it to hid the obvious signs of aging. "Good day Mr. Amelio, I hope that you and Ms. Sage are ready to see the bundle of joy and see what you're both having." He had not introduced himself to me nor had he tried to introduce himself. Instead of allowing it to get the best of me I took it upon myself to be the bigger person and have a bit of fun by tossing my name around.

"Hi, I'm Aurora Richmond. It's a pleasure to meet you doctor.." I waited for him to respond with an eyebrow raised.

"Doctor Eastwood. William Eastwood." He had the decency to at least look bashful as had the nurse.

Giovanni grasped my hand tighter, the smirk of a cocky businessman that he was on his lips as he stared at the doctor slightly annoyed. He gulped loudly as he looked at me with a newfound sense of respect.

It seemed he knew of my dad and the respect was for him not me, but I took it as a win regardless.

"If the two of you are done swinging your dicks around, I would love to see mine and Gio's baby." A voice complained behind us.

The doctor scurried around me and to the aid of Melissa, apparently she was far more scary than little old me. "Of course Ms. Sage, this might be cold, but the discomfort will not last for too long."

I was pulled by my partner closer to the monitor next to Melissa's bed which meant I was stood awkwardly behind him as I peeked over his broad shoulder. "Alright, so the issue seems to be for the most part resolved. The swelling along your walls have decreased and it does not look like the baby is in any trauma" Melissa grabbed onto Gio's hand as the doctor continued with his evaluation.

As he moved the device along her belly a gray mass appeared and the shape of a head could be vaguely seen. "If you can look with me at this region you will see that, luckily the baby's legs are open and we can see the sex." Doctor Eastwood pointed his finger at a certain spot on the screen slightly south-west of the head.

"Well congratulations Ms. Sage and Mr. Amelio it appears that your new arrival is a healthy little girl." Everything else after that flashed by in a blur as the proud parents joyfully embraced one another.
It felt like an out of body experience sure I was happy for Gio, I mean how could I not be. A baby was always a blessing and now the baby had a face.

The picture of her chubby cheeks, rosy from drinking from her mothers breast, a set of large warm hazel eyes that matched the man that I loved so deeply it hurt. Worst of all I could see her tucked securely in her crib with tuffs of striking red hair just like her mothers.

A perfect mixture of her parents.

"Amore, are you alright?" I looked away from the passing tress next to the highway we were currently traveling on.

"I'm fine." I tried to smile at him when I caught his concerned expression. "Just hungry." As if on cue my stomach gave a load growl.

Gio either decided to not engage me in a discussion as to why I was moody or he for some reason believed me. Although I doubted it would be the latter and instead mentally braced myself for the confrontation that should occur later in the afternoon.

No matter how many times I tried to tell myself that I was acting like not only a spoilt brat, but a complete and utter idiot for feeling the way that I did to an innocent baby. I just could not help myself. If I had been anything like the awful person my mother was I would have made him choose. A choice between me or his heir.

Another part of me wanted to believe that because I had not done such a cruel thing it showed exactly how different I was to the old cow, but I knew that deep down it would hardly be a choice. I knew that he would pick his baby over me any day of the week or even year.

For the short amount of time that I knew him that was a fact that I was completely certain of. Although it hurt I knew I would have to make peace with that because I knew if I did not that this would be the end of something that I knew could be beautiful.

"I have reservations for us at one of my favourite bistros for lunch mi amore." He spoke over my thoughts as they pounded their way about my head.

"That sounds lovely." I replied politely.

Just then he exited the highway and came to an abrupt stop just short of a turn off that led to the next busy roadway. He then cut the engine as soon as he had found enough cover between an alley way and the exit we had just used.

"Enough now Aurora." He scolded me, his accent overpowering my name as it struggled to leave his lips due to the frustration he held. "Since the hospital you have been strange, what is the matter?" 

I guess the confrontation would be sooner rather than later, I cursed myself for being so childish as I responded with a question, "Do you love her?" As the words rolled off or my tongue I regretted them not because he looked as lost as I felt after hearing them, but because I dreaded to know the answer.

"The baby or Melissa?"

"You know who Giovanni." I bit back before I could second guess myself.

He stilled and took a pause for longer than my heart would allow, "To answer honestly amore. Yes."

My face turned so sharply a bystander would have thought I was slapped across it as I faced the window once more and nodded. "Before you say anything Aurora, I love her in a different way to I love you. For the second time I love her as I would somebody that has my child in their belly and has been my friend for a very long time."

A single finger pulled my face to move back to look at him and his hand cupped my jaw as I did. "But you mi amore, I love more deeply than you could imagine. Because you make me so mad sometimes I want to tear my hair out, but you make me so happy my heart wants to explode."

He touched me in a way no man had ever done before him and I knew that my heart would forever belong to him even when his no longer did to me.

"I love you so much Gio."

Instead of responding he placed a kiss to my cheek and nodded as if saying he knew. "Now amore, let's eat before you get anymore crazy ideas like wanting to leave me."

I smacked him across the chest as banter, "I only make joke Rora." My eyes rolled on their own accord as he put the car into gear and headed to the bistro.

———
Thank you all for reading x
Thank you @ruka_bee for always checking up on me x