9) You?

Instead of taking the easy way out and putting an end to the call. Which two days ago I would have done without thinking twice about what Giovanni can possible have to say and how it can affect the feelings that have somehow-agonisingly- slowly begun to dissipate.

"Giovanni, how can I help you?" I ask with a nonchalant attitude and a little bit of a bite in my greeting.

"You haven't been answering my calls." He simply states, as though it were that obvious-which causes me to roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Yes, sorry about that." I apologise, though, I am not in the slightest apologetic.

"No, it's okay," The nerve of this man."Where are you Amore?"

He sounds a lot more condescending than usual, as though he is having a conversation with one of his employees.

"Not that it is any of your business, Mr. Amelio." I all-but snarl into my cellphones receiver. "I am currently at my cousins humble abode, on a much deserved holiday." A smirk makes its way to my lips.

"Don't say that Aurora. You know that everything you do i miei affari!" He growls out the last words in fluent Italian.

His native tongue causes an unwanted shiver to run through my body and unwillingly it goes passed the waistband of my cotton underwear. The fire lit in the bottom of my belly momentarily manages to push all thoughts of my anger and the hurt I felt and still feel after seeing him at that café with her. An overpowering amount of longing courses through my veins and I consider how I could have ever thought that I am or will ever get over the Italian beauty that I catch myself thinking about more than I would like to admit to.

Before I can change my mind in the slightest about whether I want to be with him. The almost-picture-perfect image of him and the beloved Ms. Sage makes its way to my thoughts.

The ache in my chest thumps hard.

"You might think that it is your business, but that stopped when you chose her." I mutter harshly, trying to ignore my sudden mood swings. Which I blame on my period that is due soon.

"Amore mio, who are you talking about?" I sigh, though not in annoyance-more tiredness. "I saw you, with her. You guys even held hands." I spit, "Well, I refuse to be a second choice. You and Ms. Sage deserve each other."

Just as I am about to end the call, a soft and brief laugh comes from the other end of the line, followed by a sigh of relief. "Are you referring to Ms. Melissa Sage?" Giovanni's question and reaction causes my blood to boil.

"The one and fucking only." I ground out, only to hear another breathless chuckle. "Why are you phoning me anyway? I thought I made it perfectly clear the other night that I don't want to see or be around you." I lie, though my voice sounds a lot more confident in my statement than I am.

"I just thought you were having your know ..." Giovanni trails off.

"Believe me, if I were on my period things would have been a lot worse." I can hear a deep sigh that sounds as though it traveled from the bit of his stomach.

"You're not going to voluntarily tell me where you are, are you?" I shake my head in reply, only to remember that he won't be able to see me. Unless he has somebody spying on me, which I would not put passed him.

"No."

The line is silent for a minute or two and I contemplate finally putting the phone down, just as I am about to do just that he finally says something.