16) Love.

"Mi amore?"

(Mi amore - my love)

Gio greeted me in surprise, I was sat at the dining room table with a glass of white wine. I arrived an hour ago a maid had let me in and I had made myself at home as I patiently waited for him.

He was dressed in a navy blue suit and his collar was slightly undone, probably from the stress at work. "What are you doing here?" Were his next words and I shrugged.

"I was wondering where you had disappeared to after our last encounter. How's the baby?" I answered and questioned at the same time.

His grin grew wider at the question, "He's doing well, they say she should be out tomorrow evening." I nodded as my heart stung at the prospect of him being so happy with their baby.

"So it's a boy then?"

By now he stood in front of me as if looking for a proper greeting, "Well they're not sure yet, but I feel in my bones that he is one."

"Where does this leave us Gio?" I tried to alleviate the sting by pushing on.

"I've told you amore it doesn't leave us anywhere, but where we are. Together through this." I nodded my head.

"Okay."

I made a promise to myself there and then that I would try because as painful as it was to comprehend I loved him. So much that it hurt and as much as I tried to pretend I did not it was impossible to deny it any further. I would jump in with both feet even if that left me crippled.

"When do we leave for Italy?"

It took my Italian businessman a second to recover before he pulled me flush against his body and sealed our fate with a passionate kiss. Our tongues dance in tune to the thumps of our racing heartbeats and I felt the last bit of doubt slowly leave my body in a freeing fashion.

We spent the rest of the day and following morning wrapped up in one another and riding a high of what was to come.

I awake again hours after dawn to the sight of a strong tanned arm spread lazily across my naked breasts and the sound of light storing. My nipples hardened at the memories that followed and I felt a familiar ache start once more in between my thighs.

Before I could think about it any further in a panic I remembered it was in fact a school. "Fuck." I grunted as I tried to remove his arm from around me. Instead it tightened as I changed my focus to locating my cellphone which, thankfully, was on the bedside table. I typed a quick excuse and apologised to the principle for my absence.

After a few minutes of checking my calendar and replying to parent emails I settled more comfortably against my Italian businessman who knew as much about making money as he did making love. "Good morning Tesoro."

(Tesoro - darling/treasure)

His morning voice was almost as beautiful as he was and the familiar stir returned.

"Good morning baby." Gio's eyebrows scrunched up as he opened his eyes to the light that shone from the cracks in the curtains.

I felt bold and empowered from the night before as I did something I did not think I would ever do. I stepped out of the bedding in all of my glory as the cool air brought a shiver to my body. It was something about being around him that somehow caused me to become more confident in my femininity. "Breakfast after a shower?"

He stared at me in surprise at my invite and did not think twice before jumping out of bed. His third leg stood up proudly as he stalked to me as if I were his prey.