13) Breakfast.

Delicate fingers brushed the hair away from the side of my cheek, "You are so stunning dolcezza." Giovanni's gruff morning voice greeted me the next day. It had been a couple of days after lunch with my parents and since then Gio and I have been spending a lot of time together. Mostly with me at his apartment.

(Sweetheart)

My green orbs fluttered open as they locked with his own, desire swam in the hazel pools. A meow like sound escaped the back of my throat as I stretched me body in awakening. "No, stuzzicante."

(Sexy/appetizing)

Cheeks now aflame, I cuddled myself against Giovanni's harm, warm body. "You're just saying that to get in my pants." I mumbled against his chest, not believing a word that came out of the Italian Adonis' mouth.

A hand wrapped itself around my upper thigh, which brought one of my legs to curl over and around his body. "Amore, believe me if I wanted to only get into your pants I would have done that long ago." The smirk on his lips could be heard in his voice, I grimaced.

(Love)

"Do you not have work to get to Gio?" A chuckle rumbled from the man as he tightened himself around me in answer.

"Are you trying to leave me already?" I shook my head against him. "No, I want to stay with you, like this for the day."

"Sadly dolcezza, I do have a few loose ends to tie up here." My eyebrows furrowed as I moved away from his body to look up at him in confusion.

"What do you mean by 'tying up a few loose ends'?"

Giovanni sighed as he drew invisible patters with the tips of his fingers across my skin, "I have to visit my Madre it's been too long." Although I could see the cheeky grin on his lips as he thought of his Mother, obviously reliving a memory of her.

(Mother)

Where did that leave me? Just as we were beginning to make somewhat of an inch of progress he's going back home. Not that I could fault him for that, he had probably only been here waiting for me to make up my mind. Now that I had, it seemed it was slightly too late in the sense that there was no way I could go with him. There were way to many responsibilities that I had here, one of the most important ones being my job. I couldn't just up and leave the school a teacher short.

Without saying anything else, as not to put a damper on the mood-I placed a fake smile on my lips and unwrapped myself from Giovanni.

"How long are you planing on staying for?" I questioned, even as a lump began to lodge itself in the back of my throat.

I felt Giovanni's body move as he shrugged a shoulder in reply, now facing the ceiling. My head instead resting on his chest as I stared across the room to the dark curtains which covered the glass doors that led to the balcony. "There are a few new projects that are being started right now and I have to be there to make sure everything goes according to plan."

"So you could be there for months." I muttered under my breath, although he managed to hear it and placed a delicate kiss to my forehead.

"Why don't you come with me?"

I sighed, yet still considered the possibility. "I have responsibilities here Gio, my job for one."

"You do not need to work when you are with me amore, I can take care of you." The scowl could be heard in his voice as he spoke.
"I'm not insulting you or say that you can't, I love what I do. I don't want what we have to end just yet." I replied.