14) Protection.

It didn't. I guess sometimes bacon, although somewhat depressingly, wasn't always the answer.  Despite being somewhat hungry, I could not get anything to stay down.
My mind was buzzing and I was internally conflicted.

Giovanni didn't seem to understand my sudden change in mood and had instead escaped to the bathroom for a shower. I dressed in a pair of dark washed skinny jeans and an egg-shell coloured blouse. That I found amongst a pile of clothing that I had brought over, since spending so much time here. One of my top ten favourite Chanel bags was place over my right shoulder.

Needing air and an escape I wrote a quick note for Gio about leaving and a hasty exit through the front door.

Luckily the apartment was based in the heart of the city and it didn't take me long to find a grocery store. Although there was nothing to buy for Giovanni's apartment as the domestic worker had already taken care of fully stocking the fridge and cupboards.

I had always found shopping to be extremely relaxing and and somewhat therapeutic, as it helped put everything that was swarming in my mind into perspective.

Although nothing was needed for Gio's apartment I browsed around the store for more than forty-five minutes, not once glancing at my cellphone that kept vibrating in the front pocket of my jeans. 

I passed the infant aisle and froze mid-step, a sense of foreboding settled in my stomach as it took a turn for the worst. Hundreds of brightly coloured toys and creams lined the shelves, each product sporting the image of a different baby, their ages varied.

Instead of turning around and heading to the frozen foods section like I had originally planned. I walked through the aisle slowly and took in the products that Melissa would soon be needing for her spawn.

Almost immediately I felt terrible for calling her unborn child names, it was not their fault that there mother was a sly fox. I could not help, but to feel anger towards her and Giovanni, they should have been more careful and they should have used protection.

Protection.

The word rolled itself around in my brain and gleefully kicked its legs out in a happy dance, teasing me with the possibility of what could have been easily avoided if it had been practiced properly.

"Aurora?" My name sounded from beside me and managed to snap me out of my daze. I raised my head slowly and stared at the source, "Kaleb?" He looked older, more rugged and even more striking.

With a few bold strides he stood in front of me, "How are you?"

I returned they friendly hug and replied into his chest, "I'm good, how are you?". He pulled back abruptly and held me-by my shoulders-at arms length.

"My god you look terrible." I glared at him as he chuckled, "Thanks Kaleb, you look lovely too."

Unlike myself, he looked good-really good. His hair had been cut short, long gone were the sun kissed locks and in its place was a buzz cut. So low it almost touched his scalp.

He looked well rest too and his hazel eyes twinkled with hidden mischief. I self-consciously folded my arms underneath my bust and hugged my torso. "I heard and saw you were back with the Italian."

"Good news travels fast, I guess." I chuckled and nodded my head. "Yeah we've been seeing one another for a bit."

"I've been seeing somebody too, actually." He smiled and stared off into the distance, looking somewhat uncomfortable.

"What's her name?" I asked, genuinely curious as to the answer.

"We're not one hundred percent official, so I can't exactly tell you just yet."

It was my turn to feel misplaced and I shifted from one foot to another, as if only just noticing which aisle we were in Kaleb asked "Are you expecting?" He looked pointedly at my belly and wiggled a finger at the items surrounding us.

The air got caught in my lungs and I coughed around a response. "No, I'm just picking out something for a friend." The words tasted bitter as I forced them out.

Kaleb nodded, a look of relief passed by as quickly as it appeared. "Well, I guess I'll see you around little Richmond."

I smiled brightly and hugged him, it felt final. As though this was the end to the friendship we had established over the passed few months.  I watched him walk away, not once did he turn around to look at the women lost in her own scared thoughts.

-*-*-*

I arrived back at Giovanni's apartment, my arms each had three shopping bags loaded on to them. I had forgotten to take a key with me and Giovanni was not answering the front door, much to my relief and dissatisfaction.

The bags were heavy and I was both emotionally and physically tired. I dropped the bags by the front door and pulled my phone-
which had stopped vibrating an hour ago-out from my front jeans pocket.

The dial tone continued to play, after a few seconds-no answer. I sighed in frustration and checked my purse for my own set of keys, hoping that I had not left them inside of Gio's apartment. Despite my anger, I felt worried that he was not available, which was completely unfair considering I had just done the same to him.

I called once more and was sent straight to voicemail this time, "Gio, I have no idea where you are, but I'm at your apartment and can't get in. I'm going back to my own place and if you need me I'll be there."

—————-

Thank you all for reading, I appreciate it so much 😊

This is a filler and more will be posted this week.

Also, team Giovanni or team Kaleb? Comment your fav x.

(Could you guys please come up with a ship name for Aurora and Giovanni, as well as a ship name for Aurora and Kaleb? The best one will be posted in the next chapter and creds will be given to the user!)

Thank you again and don't forget to comment and vote pleaseeeee

- Aimee x