10) Brother.

The email comes a few days after my return to the real world, away from my joyous escape to pure bliss and complete paradise. Though my arrival means no sleeping until whatever hour of the day or year, constant days of sunny weather and no Kaleb.

I can't help but to feel as though I am going to face the challenges that follow completely well rested and head on.

Not being able to see Kaleb however is my least favourite part about being home, especially since we've just sort of began seeing one another exclusively. He has yet to ask me out as more than a friend officially, but it's a start and a step in the right direction. Him not wanting to date yet has also helped me to backtrack and remember one of the more real reasons as to why we can't be together yet.

Kendall.

I do not want to mess with somebody that has repeatedly told me how much she would dread it if on of her best friends started fücking her older brother. Not that I do not agree with her, I mean, it would be pretty weird if she had to be messing around with Kyle. It's probably more impossible than impractical, since a couple of years earlier she had tried just that.

My brother had shot her down effortlessly in only the way Kyle Richmond could. There was no crying over him or midnight phone calls that woke me up before my alarm clock could even think about it. He had made it seem to her that she didn't want him. Which is something that I have forever been grateful for. Straight after the awkward situation we had agreed to never go for one another's brothers. Fast forward six years and I am doing just that.

My cellphone beeps again, indicating that the email is awaiting a reply, for the last time. I slide my finger across the glass screen and the message immediately appears.

Giovanni Phillepo Amelio
To: Aurora Richmond.
_______________________________
We need to talk.
September 9, 2015 at 9:08 AM
_______________________________

Amore mio, I need to know you're okay. I have a lot to talk to you about.

Love,
Giovanni

_______________________________

I report it as spam and move on, trying to ignore the stupid butterflies that explode in my stomach at the word love. Even though he probably meant it as a polite ending to an abrupt request, it manages to get my cage rattled once more. Which it seems only Giovanni can manage.

With my bags already unpacked and a load of laundry going in the washing machine, I think it's about time to deal with one of my slightly more demanding problems.

Sorting out what to wear for our weekly family dinner tonight. Something that I have successfully been skipping for the last month and a half. The only person that I know that has a slightly better fashion sense than me is Kendall, but I know that if I do call her she will figure out that something is going on.

Which I can not afford, well at least not until I sort out things with Kaleb and try to understand exactly what we are doing with one another. I press the phone icon next to her name and she picks up after the second ring.

"Hey, what's wrong chicken?" Her motherly voice echoes through the receiver and thaws the icy cold despondent feeling I had developed earlier.

"Mamma." I greet with a smile on my lips,
"I missed you so much."

"I thought you were beginning to forget about me, I heard you stayed with Jenna for a while. Is everything okay?" Kendall's Mom questions in concern.

I shake my head, only to realise that she won't be able to see me. "I just needed a bit of breathing room for a while. Things over hear were becoming a bit too hectic."

"Anything I can help you with?"

"No Mamma, I'm fine." Which I truly am for right now. "Though I do need help with finding a suitable outfit."

"Okay dear, just remember that you can talk to me about anything. For now, talk me through what you have in your closet."

After going through two rows of in my opinion my best clothing options to date. In search of the perfect dress for me to wear, that will please both of my parents.

After discovering nothing that will really be suitable for an evening with my family, but more for a night on the town. We finally decide on instead opting for a tight fitted dark washed jeans and an off-white lose fitting blouse. With one of my favourite nude heels by none other than Chanel.

"Now remember Lily has claws." She warns seriously.

"Yeah my Mother needs a manicure, but I know how to handle her. Thank you for helping me with my mini outfit-meltdown." I hear her chuckle on the other end of the line.

"Anytime sugar, now hurry up and get done." It's my turn to laugh at her brazen command.

"Bye Mamma, love you."

She replies with an "I love you back " and I end the call in order to get ready.

-*-*-*-*
*-*-*-*-
-*-*-*-*

My fists automatically clench themselves under the large oak wood table, as my emotions rage all over the place. Butterflies erupt in my stomach, blood rushes at lightening speed throughout my body and electricity crackles in the cool air. All because of a particular attractive Italian that sits across from me on my parents patio.

Today he looks every bit the intimidating businessman that he is proclaimed to be, even with a sincere smile painted on his plump lips. There is a storm raging in his hazel eyes that haven't left my face since I arrived half an hour earlier expecting a family dinner.
Instead of a full suit, he has on a freshly pressed light blue shirt that's sleeves are rolled back to the middle of his tanned arms. While his strong muscular legs are incased in charcoal slacks.
One of his hands is placed in the center of his crotch and I can feel my insides quiver ever so slightly.

Though, just as the tremors begin, a sobering thought causes them to cease completely. I am only supposed to be feeling this way about one person at the moment; Kaleb.

Yet, I can't seem to remove the placement of my orbs. As if noticing my stare at his package, the hand begins to move ever so slowly. Rubbing his pënis in slow circles.

My eyes immediately shoot up to meet his, hazel to jade. A smirk plays on his lips, my cheeks tinge dark pink.

"We're not a family that says grace very often," Father says from the head of the table, grabbing everybody's attention. "However, I think that this dinner that we all share together calls for a special type of exception."

With my eyebrows furrowed, I turn to my right, only to see Kyle bend his head in prayer. I follow suit almost immediately without question.

"Today, we thank not only God for brings us all together on such a beautiful day, but also the universe." I mentally scoff, due to the overdramatic way in which my Father speaks. "It is not by choice, but by fate that we are joined at this table. We are all truly blessed to have one another, especially Giovanni. Proudly the new CEO of one of my biggest companies; Richmond Enterprises."

A gasp is heard from beside me, followed by a cry of outrage, though Father continues nevertheless. "I am more than invested in his abilities as a leader and businessman. He is a force to be reckoned with and Lord we thank you for this opportunity."

"Amen." Mother says, with a sugar sweet voice. We all know who managed to talk him into this, which means one of two things.

Either Kyle has fückëd up far too much for even my Mother to forgive or there is an underlying agenda on both parties sides.

The latter being the only reasonable conclusion; though, one question still remains.

What is the reasoning behind the sudden change in ownership?