Twenty-Four || Hyper Fans

Start from the beginning

         Placed first in the trending list, was an article from a well-known blogging company who          covered the whole thing.

             World-class soccer player, Mark Hale, caught meeting up with girlfriend in nearby restaurant.

             What a headline, she thought. She read through the whole article which featured pictures from them eating in the restaurant yesterday, the two of them laughing together, a clear zoom-in shot of her's and Mark's face, and a picture of Mark dropping her off home.

               She was impressed and disgusted at the same time by how some paparazzi did all that without them noticing. It was nuts! The short article gave out all her details. It seemed like they did their research and gave out a link to all her social media. Which explained why her phone was flooded and her apartment entrance as well.

         She sighed to herself and internally panicked, thinking about what to do. The people still didn't give up outside and her notifications didn't stop ringing. She laid back down on her bed and covered her ears with the thick pillows that surrounded her to,hopefully, drown out the sound.

          Another ring from her phone came and she couldn't ignore it because she hoped something would help her right now. Hayden's phone I.D came up, so she picked it up right away.

           "Hello..."

          "El! Are you okay!? Is it true?! What they say? If it isn't, oh, I'll beat up that Hale's face...fuck the consequenc-"

           "Hayden! Stop... It's fine. Don't go beat up Mark. It isn't true, but it isn't his fault."

           She could hear Hayden sigh form the other side of the line before continuing, " No El, he brought you to that restaurant without some sort of protection. He was careless! And now, you're..."

       "I know..."

         "Just stay inside for now, I'll find a way to contact him or something that would help you."

           "Thank you Hayden."

      "Rest easy, don't turn on your phone after this for a while, it's toxic. I'll get you out of this."

            With that, Hayden quickly hung up, probably trying to do something for her. Hayden's advice was right. She shouldn't go out of this building til' then and she should try to turn off her phone, or her notifications at least. So she did just that, she sat and went to her settings and turned everything off, everything except the ringing of phone calls.

           As she did that, she couldn't help but think about the consequences. Will something happen to her when she goes out soon? Or will it somehow damage Mark's reputation, or something about the upcoming game, or maybe it will affect her Job?! And she just got it too...

           She sighed to herself once more and tried to not think for a moment. She bid herself t think that maybe, all of this was just a dream, or maybe it will have a positive effect. Like, somehow, being called Mark's 'girlfriend' was going to be a good thing. She laughed at the weird thought.

         Another ring came up in her phone,she saw that it was her mother, who also, already called multiple times before she woke up. She decided to not pick it up, knowing that she would support and tease her for all that happenings. Congratulate her or something, and maybe even ask to see Mark. So, as fast as lightning, the call was declined.

         With the phone close to her, it rang again. This time, it was an unknown number. Because of her unwilling curiosity, she picked it up, wondering who it was.