Chapter 23: Got The Hots

*Angel's POV*

"Mami ya te dije que estoy bien." (Mom I already told you I'm fine.) I assured my mom as we sat on the couch.

"Angel, you know I don't believe that bullshit. Dime, (tell me) there's something off about you. I noticed it on Friday morning, you just seem...different. There's a glow about you."

My body froze as I went back to that moment where Michael warned me.

"Women have sex glow once they finally comprehend and accept that they're not virgins anymore. When you have sex so good that it shows. Only mothers could see it, when their daughters aren't virgins anymore. But I've been at this for some time now so I've acquired the gift. Be careful with your mom, I know latinas and she'll probably know right away."

Fuck. What if she knows? Well the outcome can't be that bad...I'm literally a week away from being nineteen, I'm an adult and I can make my own choices. Also, it's Michael, he treats me right. But...he's a sex instructor. DAMN! I can't tell her THAT. What am I-

"Angel? Hello? Seeee? There's gotta be some-..." Mami abruptly stopped talking and stared at me. She got up and gently pulled my arm with her. She stood in front of me and scanned me from head to toe. "Angel...Maria...Gonzalez...Rojas." 

No. Please no.

I got myself ready for a hard slap, but got something so unexpected in return that kind of scared me.

"Mi niña..." (My little girl.) Mom's eyes got watery as she hugged me warmly and tight.

Something I had been needing for a while.

My eyes got a bit watery too as I gave into her embrace and hugged her tighter by the second. I took in her motherly scent and exhaled all the stress I had these past couple of days. I felt at ease and relieved to be honest...from everything.

"Now tell me," Mami pulled away and wiped the tears off her cheeks, I did the same. "tell me all the details. Who was it? Was he a gentleman? Was it a she? Did you do it more than once? Did they treat you appropriately? Do I have to clean out my shotgun from the basement?" Mami asked with such seriousness that made me laugh. We sat back down on the couch and she held my hand.

"Mami, pero..." (Mom, but...) I looked at her in disbelief, "how did you know?" I asked.

"One of a mother's great gifts." She smiled.

Alright...a point to Michael for being an expert.

Angel 0...Michael 1. 

"Now tell me, common. Y'know you can always tell me ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that happened. No matter how bad it is. I know I'm not the most present mother but I'm your mother regardless. You're an adult and are allowed to do things like this. I'm the only person that will never judge or betray you. So spill." She placed a hand on my thigh.

"Yeah I know,"

I love Ana. AKA: my mom.

"Ok, for starters OF course I was safe," I looked away in embarrassment, "and it was...magical." I started.

"WHERE WAS IT?" She asked dramatically, making me look down.

How do I tell her I had sex all over our house? Including...on the couch we're sitting on right now?

"Ummm," I can't lie to her though, I was never able to do it in person, "you know how crazy I am with my dancing studio. It's an important place for me. So..." I confessed. My mom's expression was HILARIOUS.