Chapter 22: Take Me Back To Hell

Author's Note: guys thanks for making me win the MJ FANFIC award 🥺🥺 thanks so much I'm so happy and you guys are my everything ❤️❤️🥺

*Michael's POV*

Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes as I sat at the dinner table with my fists balled up.

"LISTEN TO ME BOY!!" my father pulled the soft hairs in my afro and made my head stretch back.

"YOU GOTTA PAY ATTENTION!! This gone' be the last time Imma tell you! You can't be a successful business man if you can't solve a simple business question!" he screamed and let go of my afro.

"How am I supposed to know this? I'm only nine years old Joseph." I whispered in fear with my head held down looking at the papers in front of me.

"SO?!! I started working when I was eight years old! These are simple statistics every man in business should know. Look at the numbers. LOOK AT THEM!"

He pushed my forehead before grabbing my jaw roughly making me look at the papers on the table.

"Joseph I don't get it. I just can't understand. Please. I JUST WANT TO GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY WITH MY BROTHERS!" I yelled in frustration.

Something that I regretted the second I did it.

Joseph's eyes pierced through me like hot Chinese daggers. His growl could be heard from a mile away. If this were a cartoon, smoke would have been coming out of his ears. But the glare...his glare was the one thing that made everyone who stood close to him shiver.

That cold, empty, and evil look he always had in his eyes. Only that right now, it was multiplied by a hundred.

"YOU DARE TO SCREAM IN FRONT OF MY FACE?!! YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET THAT YOU LIL' SHIT!" Joseph's hand rose up and horror filled my body.

Within a half-second I felt a sharp pain hit my cheek before my body collapsed from the chair to the ground. I had been slapped so hard that my bones and muscles went entirely numb from the shock. My breathing got caught in my throat for a couple of seconds, from the fear that was still stomping under my veins and limbs. My father was still screaming but my ears couldn't process any words. I completely disconnected from the world as I curled up in a ball and held my cheek. A lonely tear rolled down my eye and hit the cold floor.

That's when I woke up panting and sat up as quickly as light. I felt drops of sweat run down my temples and chest. My whole being shook with fear, horror, and all the bad things one could feel. Looking around my empty room I slowed down realizing it was just a nightmare. A nightmare that I actually lived through. I raised my hand and placed it on my cheek, like I could still feel that sharp pain I got almost every day thanks to my father. The marks he'd leave on my back when he whipped me with his belt or simply just a stick he would find on the ground.

"Why are you still haunting me father?" I slowly whispered to myself.

He's not even dead yet and I'm still having the same types of nightmares. Hopefully, his ghost isn't as annoying. I'm thankful to say that the only thing I got from him personality-wise, was his talent for business, and that angry glare that I acquired unconsciously. Even though I can do it, it's not as evil as his.

Looking around my room, still panting, my eye caught all the high-price things that are just casually laying around.

Is this why he tortured me every day with work? Was it for Money? Power? I still can't find out why. At least I own Jackson Enterprises and can do whatever the hell I please with it. But I don't think my father abused me and ruined my childhood just for me to be the boss of everyone. There's gotta be something else...no. Stop. I can't start thinking about this again. It's going to end up turning me back into an alcoholic or driving me insane. Which I probably already am. Having stupid butterflies for a girl I just met? Threatening to kill someone. I HAVE to be out of my mind. No. HE has to be out of his mind if he thinks I'm letting him touch her again. I'd snap that motherfucker's neck any day if it wasn't illegal. But worrying about a random girl and wanting to protect her? Wanting...her?