Chapter THIRTY FOUR:The Salvation

Archer West

The first thing I see when I kick down the warehouse door, and rush in with my pistol raised, is Asher standing over Honey, with his revolver drawn. For me, there is not a second of hesitation in making my decision..

I unload three rounds, one after the other, all hitting my target... I want to make sure he's dead. Two in the chest, one in the head.

BANG - BANG - BANG

My boots pound the concrete as I barrel my way across the warehouse floor.. Bound and bloodied, the sight of her delicate, mottled limbs slack.. Her long slender neck lolled to the side, a tangle of golden curls matted with dried blood.."Jesus fucking christ.."

It's like somebody punched me in the gut. Seeing her like this fills me with dread.. She might die here in this shit hole.. Hell, she might already be dead.. And it's all my fucking fault!

My sweet Honey, she looks like a broken doll, slashes mark her stomach and arms.. Her beautiful face... Her once creamy apricot complexion now covered in a smattering of deep reds and purples..
But I have two entire strike forces to command, and now is not the time for losing control or grief.. without missing a beat, I shove my doubts aside, shouting to my guys, issuing the orders to clear the area, secure any hostiles, and assist the other civilian hostage I can see, face beaten, hands bound, cowering in the corner.

I drop to my knees in front of her, bringing two fingers up to her pulse point, I feel the faint thud of her heart, still pumping blood.

Immediately after, I start cutting away the thick black zip ties that have left deep gouges on the soft flesh of her wrists and ankles..
Around me, Alpha and Zeta teams sweep the perimeter, checking and clearing all the rooms, and surveying the equipment left behind...

"What the fuck?" I mutter as I'm cutting through the thick plastic, my eyes fall to the slashes marking Honey's perfect body.

My jaw clenches, maybe I had ended Asher too quickly, I should have made him suffer more.. Much more..
What the hell happened here?

As the last tie springs free and her body begins to slide from the chair, I catch her in my arms, cradling her against my chest and exhale soothing words.. "You're okay.. I've got you baby.. I'm here.."

Her dazed eyes lock with mine.. Her voice comes out a weak whisper.. "Archie.. My neck.."

She tries to reach a hand up to her neck but she's too weak.. I brush the knotted strands back to see the familiar small gold 'B' poking out of her flesh.. What kind of sick shit is this..

"Mmhh .. It hurts Archie.." Her moan of agony is like a dagger in my chest..

"Okay.. Okay.. I need to remove it.. I'm sorry baby.. I'm so sorry, I fucked up Honey.." I pull the pin from her neck, not too fast, but not too slow..

"Uhh!" She gasps in pain, wincing before rasping out a name.. "Bexley.."
Her voice is horse and barely above a whisper, her eyes flutter open and closed as she tries to speak.. "Flynn.. Bexley.."

I squint at her in confusion, together trying to conceive how this op could gone so horribly fucking wrong.. "The medics have him.. He's alive.."

She blinks up at me through red-rimmed eyes.. Shaking her head, wincing again, sucking in air through her teeth... "No.. He.. He owns.. Whatever.. Is in those encrypted files.. He wanted the key.. He.. He was working with Asher.."

I whip my head around looking at Jackson who is watching my six.. "Secure Bexley! Now!" Jackson and two other guys race off toward the door..I

turn back to Honey.. She's shaking all over, shock turning her a ghostly shade of white, her teeth chatter... She wheezes, and coughs.. Little droplets of her blood splatters my white shirt.. Despite this, she smiles at me.. This warrior goddess, actually fucking smiles at me! "I knew you would come, Archie.. I knew you would find me.."

"You know it baby.. Sorry it took me so long.. But I'm here now.. I swear I'm going to kill that little fucker, Bexley.." I growl out the words as Patrick comes up behind me with a thin black blanket.
He covers her, tucking the edges beneath her in my arms..
"Boss, Bexley got away from the medics.. They're out by the truck, you take her.. I'll head up the search.."

I nod at him, hoisting Honey along with me as I stand and stride out the door towards the medical van.