Chapter Twenty-Four

JENNIE

I shut my eyes a few seconds, taking a deep breath to calm myself down before entering the restaurant when Irene rushes towards me and gives me a hug with a charming smile on her face. "Morning, Jennie."

"Morning, Irene. Um, where should we ea-" I am about to ask her where the table is when Lisa stands beside me while shooting a glare to the man in front of me, and who else? The man surely is Kai, which he returns with the same intensity. Kai is tall, so is Lisa. Therefore, even if Lisa is a woman, she doesn't look any less intimidating when her serious and business aura comes out. Unfortunately, Kai is also not the one who gives up easily as well, but somehow, I feel that Kai is sweeter than Lisa since he never has the 'bad mouth' and speaks whatever he thinks is right.

Irene clears her throat awkwardly before leaning down to whisper, "You bring your wife too?" I shake my head slightly in response, not wanting Lisa to hear that I don't really like her presence here. Not that I hate it, but Kai and Lisa can't be put together in the same place since the day they have encountered each other, nothing gets better between the two.

Kai looks at me a little before sighing and turns away from Lisa. "Jennie, good morning." He extends his hand to greet me when a hand suddenly appears in front of me, taking his hand instead. "Morning, Kai," Lisa utters in an inscrutable expression. The latter doesn't answer instead he continues to hold Lisa's hand, frowning at each other.

Irene and I look at each other's faces before I acknowledge that they do not just hold hands like in a friendly way. In fact, they grip each other's hands with a strong force. Kai's face reddens. The arm's veins on Lisa's are visible right now.

Heaving a deep sigh, I grab Lisa's hand and Kai's to separate from one another, "Lisa," I warn when she squeezes more, an evil smirk on her face. "Lisa!" I say, a little louder than intended, which earns me a scowl from her. "You didn't tell him to stop," She reasons.

"Because you started," I fire back. I am not on one's side; I just feel like Lisa here wants to have an argument than Kai does. He just greeted me, and boom, she jumped in, acting as innocent as ever. She turns to me, knitting her brows together in annoyance before giving up. "Don't ever lay you filthy hand on my wife again." She says in a monotone, grabbing my waist before guiding me beside her as I try to pull away. Her grip is tight, and it makes me uncomfortable, but she doesn't do as I want, of course.

"So, here am I. Accompany my wife to eat breakfast, and if you have any good dishes, please recommend." She smirks. Kai glances at me before forcing a smile, "This way,"

Kai excuses himself to get the food with Irene, leaving me and Lisa alone to get to the table.

As I am about to sit on the chair with a round table, Lisa exclaims that she doesn't like it because she wants to sit on the chair, two across the others. I snort at her childish act.

"What?" She asks.

"You act as if I don't know your tactics. You don't want to sit with a round table because-"

"I don't want Kai to sit on the side of you, and I know he will do that for sure." She simply cuts me off.

"Lisa, I know you want to win whatever game you think you have with Kai, but there is none and don't put me into this situation where I am the prize because I don't want to be that," I exclaim.

"I don't want to win any game because I have already had the prize," The damn smirk she loves to wear on her face these days appears again. I sigh in frustration, not sure what to do with her anymore.

"Oh, the waiter is coming, bringing all the food from his restaurant to our table just for breakfast?" She snickers when Kai brings the tray of foods to our table.

"Lisa, he is a friend of mine, and I don't want you to talk like that. If you don't appreciate it or rather not hungry at all, please leave." I calmly state as she looks at me in disbelief, "How many months have you known him? If I still remember, he is just the brother of your friend. And, again, I come here to get to know your friend," She finishes before Kai arrives and Irene is next, sitting beside her brother.

"Jennie, this is another traditional Korean breakfast set that I want you to taste," Kai beams proudly at the foods in front of us. It looks delicious and mouthwatering. I nod in agreement before digging the food, but Lisa seems to do everything for me today as she takes everything for me, putting it on the plate. "Eat this,"

"Lisa, I can do it myself," I mumble.

She doesn't answer and continue to put everything that I am about to take on my plate as if I were her child or something. I sigh, eating. After all, I don't want to get into a fight with her when my friends are here. "So, Kai, how long have you opened this restaurant?" Lisa asks.

I don't know what exactly her intention is to make a conversation, but Kai replies anyways, "Several years,"

"And, when do you decide to get some waiters?" She continues her question as if this is the most natural thing ever.

"That's my restaurant, and I love the way it is. Actually, if you don't like it that way, don't come." Kai fires back, calmly.

"I am afraid that my wife would be here alone, and I don't want some man out there who loves the 'infidelity' kind of thing," She states the last sentence seriously, which makes my blood boil. "Lisa, if you come here to argue, go now."

"I just-"

"Leave now! I will go to work with Irene," I look at her with determination, indicating that if she doesn't agree to leave, I will be the one to do so.

She stands up, abruptly, taking out hundred-dollar cash before slamming it on the table, "I pay," Then, she leaves without another word.

I grit my teeth, embarrassed at her behavior before facing the two in front of me. "I am so sorry," I mutter, heaving another deep sigh.