29 | " I've been pretty mean to him in the past too.."

Start from the beginning

„Yeah, see you tomorrow.", I told her before we both hung up.

I let myself fall back onto my bed and looked at the ceiling.

It's so quiet.

My parents are always at work and my sister is in college. So I'm pretty much mostly alone at home.

I mean, I do have a good relationship to them, but it's still upsetting that I don't get to see them as much as I did in the past.

I sighed before turning to the side and noticed something hanging on my chair.

Right.

It was the jacket Ross put on me on the night of the party.

I washed it and put it in a bah but clearly forgot about it. Wouldn't it be awkward to give it back to him after all this time ?

But I mean, it's his jacket so...

I'll give it back to him when I get the chance.

///Love at first Hate\\\

„We'll be going by car ?", I asked Maia. „Who's driving ?"

„Uhh well, the thing is Laura.. You know how Rudy's car is small and it can only fit two persons.. and how my sister took my car for the weekend.. and how Jordan and Lucas live near Emma's so..". She went on before I stopped her.

„Get to the point." I think I kind of know where this is going..

„Would you mind getting a ride from Ross ? I mean he lives pretty close to you and has empty seats in his car..", she trailed off.

„Are you serious ?", I asked her in disbelief. We literally ignored each other for a week and now we have to drive an one hour drive to Dave's vacation home ??

"Look, I know this might be sudden but Jordan's car broke down today so we looked for alternatives..", she tried to explain.

"Is Ross even okay with that ?", I asked her.

I mean, did he even agree to drive me ?

"Yeah, he told us that he would pick you up.", Maia answered before adding, "Laura, you can just sleep on your way here or listen to music.. I'm really sorry about this.", she sighed, "I really don't like to put you in this awkward situation..", she trailed off frustrated.

"Alright.", I told her.

She's been so excited the past few days to spend some time with Rudy again.. The last thing I would want is to ruin it..

"Really ?", she squealed.

"Yeah, I'll be getting ready then.. See you later at the vacation home.", I told her.

"You're the best Laura, thank you. See you !", and with those words we hung up.

I looked at my bag that was already packed. I guess I should wait downstairs and also leave a note for my parents if they come home earlier.

I took my bag and was about to move before stopping, turning towards my chair. Isn't this the perfect opportunity to give him his jacket back ?

'Yes, it surely is', I told myself and took it with me downstairs. I quickly wrote a note and left it on the kitchen table. That should do.

As soon as I sat down, I heard my phone's notification noise.

From: Ross

Maia told me to pick you up. I'm outside.

I sighed before taking both bags and making my way out of the house, locking the door after me.

•••

Hello there, my adorkable readersss
Today is the 3rd day since my wisdom teeth removal ( unnecessary info, I know) but I had a scenario in my head that I had to write down before I forget it, so yeah.

(The scenario I'm so excited about is in the next chapter !! I already wrote it !)

-Anyways, Fave line ? 🌷

-Fave season ?❄️☀️🍂🌷

-What time around do you guys go to sleep on holidays ? (A/N: what even is sleep ??)

-Do you like where Ross and Laura's relationship is going right now ? 🦚

This chapter is dedicated to (tysm for reading) HpFanFor-Evah ♥️

-tice