The England Plan//T.H. 3

“What is wrong with you?” Y/N exclaimed and Harrison turned to look at her. He dropped the pan, the loud noise making her jump, “Y/N it’s not what it looks like.”

She scoffed, “So you didn’t just hit Jake until he passed out?” Harrison sighed, “Okay, it is exactly what it looks like, but he sold us!” He exclaimed as he put his hands in the air, “I found a letter from Dominic, addressed to him. We have to get out of here." 

“How do we know we can trust you?” Y/N asked, doubt clear in her voice. Harrison looked at her, expecting her to say she was just taking the piss, but she kept a straight face, “Are you joking? Look, if us being friends since we were kids isn’t enough proof, here’s the letter.”

Harrison grabbed a crumpled piece of paper from the floor and handed it to the princess. She tried to unfold the paper so she could read. It was indeed the king’s handwriting. Y/N knew it well enough because of all the afternoons she’d spend on her father’s office reading Dominic’s treaties with her father and if Y/N needed any more proof, the royal seal and Jake’s name written in cursive surely delivered it. Not to mention the ink was still fresh enough to be smeared.

“Ok, fine. I trust you, but we wouldn’t be able to do anything,” Y/N rubbed her temple, frustrated at the situation, "He’s very weak Harrison. Tom can barely stay awake, let alone walk.”

“N-no. I c-can do it. I’m fine,” Both young adults turned around when they heard his voice. Tom was leaning against a wall, hand wrapped around his injured waist as beads of sweat ran down his face. He had been listening to their conversation for quite some time. They could tell how hard it was for Tom to speak those few words but they also knew that if they didn’t get out of there, the three of them would be dead before sunrise.

“Where the hell do we go then?!” Harrison sighed, “Jacob’s?” Tom shook his head, “Too far away. We wouldn’t make it.”

Tom slowly walked to the small wood dining table and sat down with a huff. He looked up and his eyes instantly met Y/N’s worried eyes. Tom started to feel guilty for dragging her away from the castle. Maybe she would’ve been safer in one of the secret bunkers than in the middle of the forest.

“You do realise how bad this is, right? Now that he knows you’re alive and you’ve got Y/N with you… Dammit!” Harrison hit the table with his fist and covered his face with his hands in frustration, “And you can barely walk! We’re done for, that’s it, we are dead!” Harrison emphasized each word by pointing an angry finger at Tom, even if he wasn’t mad at the prince.

“Nothing is going to happen to us, okay? I’m perfectly fine! We just have to go!” Tom screamed, followed by a groan as he gripped his side again.

“Shut the fuck up! Both of you!” The princess demanded, surprising both men, “I have a friend, she’s a witch and if I remember correctly, she doesn’t live that far away from here,” Harrison scoffed yet again. His calm demeanour was completely gone, reduced to nothing by the situation, not like Y/N’s words helped at all.

“You cannot be serious. Are we really putting our lives in the hands of a bloody witch?” She shrugged. Y/N knew Harrison would refuse the idea. His parents had been killed by a witch when he was just a baby. It was too much to ask from him, but there was no other option, “I prefer being slaughtered than trusting a fucking witch.”

Y/N sighed, “Can you stop being so fucking selfish for once? This is not about you or me! This is about getting Tom out of here and keeping him safe. If you don’t agree at least give me another viable alternative.” She looked back at the brown-haired man. Y/N immediately rushed to his side when she saw his head resting on the wooden table, 

"Hey, Tom,” She cupped his face in her hands, “Darling, look at me,” Y/N whispered. Tom’s eyes opened slowly and he smiled as he saw her, “Sorry, I’m exhausted.”

The princess giggled softly, “Of course you are. It’s okay. Just, we’ll figure it out, okay? I promise.”

“Look Haz. I know this is hard for both of you, but you have to trust me,” She pleaded as the green eyes man sighed, “She’s not a normal witch. Her family has… let’s just said I would’ve been dead a long time ago if it wasn’t for her.”

Harrison nodded but looked back at Tom with worried eyes, “But… how? If he walks too much he risks bleeding again and we know none of us is qualified to stop it.”

“It’s a risk we have to take,” Tom spoke in a weak voice. Both young adults looked at the prince, who, even in his worst state, was still putting his friends’ safety before his.

Harrison disappeared into one of the rooms, leaving them alone. It didn’t take long for Tom to speak up, “I just- I wanted you to know I didn’t care about the arrangement. I didn’t run away from you because of it, ” He said honestly. Y/N pulled a chair and sat next to him, “I wouldn’t have cared if you would’ve been walking down the aisle instead of running away from my psychotic father.”

Both young adults chuckled. She squeezed his cold hand, “I wouldn’t have minded either. You know, even after so long, you’re still my best friend and I trust you with everything I’ve got.”

Tom smiled. He brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it, but before he could say anything, Harrison walked back into the room with a pile of clothes in his arms.

“Unless we want to bring too much attention to ourselves, we gotta change,” He explained and handed Tom and Y/N a pile of clothes each, “There’s also a belt in there, in case the trousers are too big,” She nodded and smiled at her green-eyed friend as she scurried to one of the rooms to change.

It was small and rather cold. There were a few holes in the ceiling and the floor was stained in certain parts. A silly thought crossed her mind as she slipped the heavy dress off her body. For a second she wondered if that was Jake’s evil dungeon. The stains on the floor would support her theory as they were a faded red as if previously, blood had spilt on the floor and the wood had just sucked it up.

Y/N pulled on on one of the threads of the tight corset and a sigh of relief escaped her lips when she took it off. It was the most tiring piece of clothing, it was itchy and so tight it’d practically cut off her breathing.

She put on the white cotton shirt as well as the trousers, which were small enough to not fall from her waist. She still slipped the belt through the loops and adjusted it so it hugged her waist, to avoid any mishaps. The noise of the pan hitting the floor again startled Y/N. She rushed out of the room, her bare feet quickly moving. 

Harrison was panting as he looked at a passed out Jake on the floor. Tom’s eyes were as white as saucers and his breathing was heavy now that he was standing up and leaning his body as best as he could on the table, “Hey, what happened?”

“Jake woke up,” Harrison explained in between pants, “Took a switchblade out of his pocket and just caught us off guard.” 

“Let’s just… Go,” Tom sighed and walked to Y/N’s direction, still clutching his side. Tom had already put a shirt on to cover the bandages that surely needed to be changed as soon as possible. He handed her a pair of boots that were two sizes too big, “Just tie the laces a bit tighter. I know it’s not that comfortable but it’s the best we could find.”

The princess smiled warmly and nodded, “Thanks, Tom.”

After packing two backpacks with food and a medical kit, the three of them stepped outside and began walking to their destination, uncertain of what would lie ahead and if they would even make it there alive.