Prohibited Love #4

"How are you feeling Y/N?" The Queen asked you as she entered the room you were in, you shrugged your shoulders, "Never been this nervous to be honest." You answered with a little laugh, it was true, you were nervous as much as you tried playing it off in front of Tom.

"You shouldn't be dear, Tom loves you, the people love you!" She exclaimed, you knew it was true, since Tom announced his engagement with you; you had been swarmed with heaps of positive and nice comments, most of them congratulating you two or saying how you were going to be an amazing queen, something that really surprised you since you hadn't spoken or done much for them to think that way, you weren't complaining though, rebel attacks had decreased during the time of the selection and everyone thought that once it was finished, the numbers would be raised once again, which totally wasn't the case.

Since Tom proposed, your world had been flipped upside down; after years of sleeping on cheap beds, sleeping on a delicate and expensive bed was almost uncomfortable with you. After never really paying attention to your posture and manners, you had to always think about standing up straight with head held high because everyone would be watching, you had to learn the function of different kinds of forks, which, in your eyes, looked exactly the same, you even had to take dance classes! You were already overwhelmed by all the new information and you hadn't even become a princess yet.

All you wanted at that very moment was the comfort of the person you loved the most, you wanted to feel Tom's arms around your waist as he gave you a comforting hug and as he whispered soothing words in your ear.

"I forgot to mention, you look stunning in that dress, wonderfully made, as always." She told you with a kind smile, which you returned, as expected, you had designed your own wedding dress, and you were glad you did.

"Thank you so much." Even after months of letting reality sink in, you still couldn't believe what was happening, you were going to marry Tom, something that seemed impossible, you had been hoping for a miracle after your mother died and your miracle was him.

"Well, I must go check up on the boys, if you need anything just call Harrison." She told you before walking out of the room, leaving you alone once again.

You were starting to get anxious as the time of the wedding came close, you knew you shouldn't be nervous, you loved that man and put everything on the line for him and you'd do it in a million other lifetimes.

"Guess who?" You flinched slightly when seconds after the Queen left, a pair of hands covered your eyes, however a smirk made its way into your face when you inhaled the familiar scent of Tom's cologne

"I'm pretty sure we aren't supposed to see each other until the wedding, huh?" You asked with a teasing tone, Tom just laughed at you.

"We've broken so many other rules already, my love, we can manage." He delicately caressed your cheek, making your cheeks turn into a light pink tint, there was barely any light creeping in the room, since it was almost night time.

He left a chaste kiss on your lips, the only thought in his mind was you, your pretty eyes, your award-winning smile and most importantly, your kind heart.

"You look breathtaking my princess, I can't believe I'm lucky enough to marry someone as perfect as you." Tom expressed with pure sincerity, his eyes already red as he tried to suppress the tears that were threatening to spill down his face at the sight of you in your wedding dress; all his life was leading up to the day when he'd marry the woman he loved and the idea that you were the one only made his smile bigger.

"Please don't cry Tommy, if you cry, I cry." You laughed, but it was already too late, tears of happiness were already running down your rosy cheeks, by the time the ceremony came you two would probably be a crying mess.

-
You had always thought about how walking down the aisle on your wedding day would be like, you had always imagined your father would be the one walking you down the aisle, you'd imagine he'd probably cry a bit as he left you with the person you were about to marry, however, you had never imagined that both your parents would pass away during a rebel attack when you were just 14.

You found yourself walking down the aisle alone as the classic wedding tune played from the grand piano, the church wasn't as packed as everyone would expect it to be for a royal wedding, there were only close friends and family present, since Tom didn't want you to feel uncomfortable with all the public, he wanted to make it as easy for you as he could.

The translucent veil covered your face as your feet moved slowly through the room, you weren't exactly used to wearing heels and you didn't want to stumble to the ground, you gripped the bouquet of red roses tighter as you got closer and closer to the love of your life.

You lifted up your dress slightly as you climbed up the few steps to where Tom was and smiled at Amelia, who was standing close to the altar, you had chosen her as your maid of honour.

Tom was sporting a black suit, made justbfor a king, medals hung from right above the chest area and a bowtie hung loose around his neck, once he saw you stop in front of him once again, he couldn't stop the waterworks as he started crying once again.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today we're reunited here to celebrate prince Thomas Stanley Holland of New England and soon-to-be princess Y/N Y/L/N's marriage, I politely ask everyone present to be quiet so this ceremony can run as smoothly as possible." The priest started talking as Tom lifted the veil to reveal your tear-stained face, a faint "I love you." Was heard from him and anyone who was able to witness the moment would know how much love, adoration and admiration you held for each other, it was something impossible to hide, something as clear as day.

The ceremony went down pretty smoothly, you'd both whisper things back and forth only for the other to hear and soft, small gestures were shared, Tom would put a piece of loose hair from behind your ear or you'd intertwine your fingers together.

"Now. Thomas Stanley Holland, do you accept this woman as your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to take care of her during times of sickness and health and to always cherish her and love her until death separates you two?" Tom looked at you once again, he cupped your cheek in his soft hand, "I do."

You let out a soft laugh as the priest turned to look at you, "Y/N Y/LN, do you accept this man as your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to take care of him during times of sickness and health and to always cherish him and love him until death separates you two?" You squeezed Tom's hand tighter.

"I do, always."

THE END

-

This took a while and I hope it doesn't disappoint, school has just kept me really busy lately :/ but it's finally here, thanks to everyone who read this mini series, I hope you liked it :)

Thank you so much BlackiChanMirror for helping with the wedding part bc I'm shit at writing weddings

Love

-Sarah xx