Chapter Seventeen

Natalia's P.O.V
Editing

I sat on one of the couches there trying to relax. I was really feeling tired, I was about to fall asleep when someone came. Clearing his throat,"I know our arrangement doesn't involve feelings but whatever you're doing with my brother has to stop."

Okay now that was confusing and maddening. When did we get there? Me and his brother? Is he imagining things?

"Me and your brother are friends, I didn't think I'll need permission for that."

"I know he's been there for you but I wouldn't want you two messing with what's mine. I might have been MIA but I did my due diligence. I paid you and made sure you were well taken care of."

I got up, slapped him hard then left. I didn't know where I was going I continued until I saw the beach in my view. I sat the with my shoes in hand, I've been crying all the way here. I touched my baby for the first time in three months.

"Hey you in there. I know I did wrong by you, I'm really sorry. I will protect you from that monster, your father."

I was prepared to run and face the consequences later. I started thinking of places I could go to and live with my baby. I needed to go away and soon, I got up and walked back.

When I got there everyone looked relieved. They've been looking for me all over, I asked Mike to drive me back. On the way he asked me if I was okay. If I needed anything. I just shook my head, he dropped me off then left immediately.

I went inside, took my suitcase and packed my clothes and few maternity clothes I bought. Packed my laptop and other necessities. I took out my phone to check a place I could go to, I had about 120k from the money he gave every month.

I took a taxi to the town, when I got there I pulled my luggage to the train station. I took a train to Brooklyn, my paternal aunt stayed there. I still remember from visiting while I was younger. I tried not to be traceable by turning off my phone.

When I got there my aunt was very happy to see me, she owned a diner not far from her house. She served me a pumpkin pie with a lot of whipped cream, I used to eat almost everything in here.

She took me to the house and gave me the guest room, her children were already married. She lived alone, she was happy to share space and meals with someone. She didn't ask me much after I told her not  to tell my parents she understood.

I packed my things, packing my phone so far I couldn't reach it. When I was done I cleaned the house and made dinner. When my aunt came back we ate and talked about college. I was going to do all my assignments and small tasks hoping I'll still have credits from Luis.

*****
The next morning I went with my aunt to the diner. I was helping out in the kitchen cleaning and washing dishes. I never expected any payment, I told her I was going to the mall during lunch.

I bought myself a new phone, I bought some grocery as well. I took them to the house. I cooked then went to work on my assignment. My aunt came back when I was busy, was about to cook when she noticed the groceries. "Lia baby why did you buy food? I only buy a few things because I work with food but I was going to buy more tomorrow."

"It's okay aunty I have some cash I could use. I wanted to help where I can, you offered me a place to stay. Please tell me help out where I can?"

"Okay but don't go around using money you should be using for school. Okay? :

"Yes ma'am." I said.

She smiled then left me to work, I joined her for dinner after a while. I asked her if I could help her at the diner until 14:00 everyday. She said yes only if I will focus on my school and graduate.

I've doing that almost every day except on weekends and when I need to go to the doctor. I told her my situation after a month, I knew  I had to before i started showing. Guess what? She already knew now I really don't want my mother to know. But she promised not to tell anyone.