Chapter Nine

Luis's P.O.V
Editing

I've been in Chicago for a week now, the conference meetings were tough. I couldn't even call to check on Natalia. Damn that girl gets on my nerve, she doesn't say much but yet I could feel her energy. Sometimes she answers with only a "yes" and "okay" but I could feel she has a lot to say. Maybe she is scared of me, I'm trying to be polite with her though.

A few days ago Mike told me she was sightseeing, she went all over New York. That made me smile, I don't know why maybe it's because she was not stressing. Sometimes I feel like she hasn't let this situation sink into her mind.

I noticed after our last appointment that she was mad at me. I was mad at her too, she shouldn't have kicked me out. I had a right to be there, I'm paying her to be my surrogate. I respect her privacy but I wanna be there for my baby. I wanna experience all that, insemination, scans, every doctor's appointment.

The meeting was over by 16:30 today, I rushed upstairs to my quarters. I called my secretary to check on the company. After that long call I went to take shower then called room service. Sometimes I wish i had someone to share my meals with, like that morning when Natalia slept on my bed.

I need to call and check on her, she has been quiet. I only get updates from Mike, yesterday he said they went to the pharmacy. He didn't know what she was doing there, I was furious that he didn't inquire. He only said she looked okay to him. Seriously? What am I paying him to do? He couldn't go back and check or better yet accompany her inside.

"Hello" she sounded tired, I could hear some voices on her background. It sounded like the TV was on.

"Hi, I'm just checking if everything is okay there."

"I'm fine"

"Good. I.....I was wondering if you feel anything yet? I know it's still early but I had a feeling that maybe-" I was hopeful.

Natalia's P.O.V

"I wouldn't know, I haven't checked yet, I haven't experienced any changes also."

I lied, I didn't want his controlling ass here. I've been feeling weird, I threw up twice yesterday and today everything went back to normal. I did buy pregnancy tests yesterday but I haven't used them. Sometimes I wish I never agreed to this, I wish I could run away. I'm in deep trouble, where would I get his money and besides I did sign that contract.

"Okay. The doctor said it might take time or even fail but we'll see. Call me if anything happens, i hope you're eating."

After he hanged up, I got up and went to get my salty crackers. I haven't been eating well, I'm scared of even eating  fruit. my stomach got upset when I ate pizza for lunch. I'm definitely not gonna eat pizza again, I'll try pasta later on.

I've been calling my dad, I hate lying to him but this will disappoint him. We just had our usual father and daughter chat.

I went to sleep around 20:00 in the evening. I felt so tired I couldn't even bath before sleeping. I fell asleep as soon as I hit the bed.

I woke up to a sharp pain on my lower stomach. I felt like I was going to die,  searching for my phone to call mike. I didn't even check the time, I hope he is awake or I'm in trouble. I called him but he didn't answer. I called Luis.

"Luis's phone,"

That was a woman's voice, I didn't know what to say so I just dropped the call. I waited for the pain to get better. I called the doctor's number, she gave us her card with her private number.

She came over to the apartment in no time. She said she'll not admit me since it's clear that the hormones and sperm cells and working. She gave me some tablets for the pain and asked a few questions. I asked her a few questions, I wanted to know if my virginity went be a problem. I never heard of a virgin getting pregnant before and I couldn't ask this while Luis was around.