Chapter Thirteen

Natalia's P.O.V
Editing

I called Mike to pick me up, I locked the apartment and went to the parking garage. When Mike got there I was already waiting for him.

"What's the rush, where do you wanna go?"

"Where's your boss? In the office or at home?"

"He hasn't been to the office. He's probably at home or -"

"Okay please don't do that, where?"

"The graveyard" he said, contorting his face.

I can't go to the graveyard but I can wait for him in the house. I told Mike to take me there, he drove us. We reached a mansion like house, so big and beautiful. It had flowers, roses and trees, the yard was well maintained.

We got into the house, the interior was to die for. I looked around the sitting area while Mike went to look for Luis. He told me the house was empty. I went to the kitchen to make him something to eat, the kitchen looked like it hasn't been used in a while.

"Mike, your boss doesn't have a maid? This place doesn't look clean at all."

"He does, she was asked to stay at home." He shrugged.

"Oh I see." He probably didn't want anyone seeing him so depressed. I'm here and I'm not leaving until I see him though.

I started cleaning the kitchen and the dining room. When I was done I went to cook pasta, I knew he'll need something light. I dished up for him, stored the extra food in a container.

Mike has been waiting for me in the car. I went to check the laundry room, closed were all over the place. I put them in the machines to be washed. I went to the sitting area and waited.

I must've fallen asleep waiting, when I woke up Mike and Luis were making noise. "I'm probably your only friend ever since the accident. I've here for you all the time, maybe it's about time you make another friend. She came here after learning about you on the internet. All she wants is to help you."

"I never said I needed help Mike, I'm capable of doing things on my own."

"Like what? Trying to starve yourself to death while you have a baby on the way?"

"I'm not starving myself, I just need to be alone."

"Okay, you know what? I only stayed as your driver because I knew you needed me. I had job offers for the past few years, your family trusted me to look after you. I promised your dad I'd be there to watch you. "

"Watch me? Am I a kid? I've worked as a CEO in his company for years making him money and I found out you're my second in command from my PA."

"I never wanted to be part of that, dad knew that he-"

I don't know what happened I just heard things breaking. I ran to the kitchen where they were. "What's going on here?" I asked, they were both holding on each other.

"It was you? All this time, it's been you?" Mike nodded. I was lost not knowing what's really going on.

"Mike what's going on?"

He just looked at me not saying anything. Luis let go of him and rushed upstairs. He came back with traveling bag on his hand and a passport on the other.

"Since he put you in charge of everything, maybe you could start doing what you were meant to do. Let me go do what I always wanted to do."he never looked at me.

He went out to his car and left, I turned around to look at Mike. He was hurt, I know he's normally quiet but today I saw another side of him. He kept quiet for a while then excused himself. He went to make a call outside, I don't like eavesdropping but I was curious.

"He knows. It slipped I didn't mean to tell him, yeah. He left with his suitcase, I guess." I couldn't hear the other person, I left the window.

When he came back to get me I was in the laundry room switching sorting out the clothes. He took me home, the drive was quiet you could hear own heart beat. When we got into the apartment I went inside and went straight to bed.