Chapter Three

Natalia's P.O.V

When we returned to our place, we freshened up, and I prepared dinner while Jessica was engrossed in a call with her boyfriend, Charlie. She had been with him since high school, but he graduated before us and started working as an associate for a law firm. It was challenging for Jessica to visit him at his place, as he shared it with his college friend. Jessica and Charlie felt guilty leaving me alone when they had date night, and sometimes they allowed me to crash their date, but I always refused. They planned on making it a double date, and that meant I would have to endure the pain of being paired up with Charlie's arrogant friend.

After we finished eating, we headed to the car with our bags. The drive to the hotel was short.

"Please be careful and don't get caught sleeping again," Jessica said, though her amusement was evident in her tone.

"I'm actually feeling fresh today, no sleeping, period," I assured her, sounding serious.

"Good. I know how much you need this job, and I'd hate for you to lose it. No job pays as well as this one does."

"I know. I'll be careful from now on. I also received an email from a tech company about an internship, but they're not paying," I mentioned, somewhat disappointed.

"I stopped applying for those. I can't work for credits. I'd rather go to class," Jessica said, emphasizing our dedication to our academics.

"That's what I thought too." The plan was that as soon as the summer holidays were over, we were going to focus on our academics, which meant no more jobs. That's why we had decided to work extra hours. I understood that it was the time I should spend with my family, but I couldn't bear to watch my mother overwhelming herself with extra work.

When we arrived at work, we changed into our uniforms and checked the schedule. I noticed there was only one room assigned to me, which struck me as odd. I felt anxious, sensing that something was amiss. Why would the room I had slept in be the one assigned to me? I had a gut feeling that something was off, and I wondered what he was up to as I approached the door, trolley in tow.

"Come in," he said, with that deep, angelic voice that made my knees weak. I knew I was in trouble, and with him in the room, I sensed something was amiss, which filled me with fear.

As I entered the room, I saw him sitting at the bar area, focused on his laptop. "Good evening, sir," I stammered, nervously.

"Good evening. You can start your work; I'll be here. Let me know when you want to clean this area," he said without sparing me a glance. He returned to his work as I hurriedly left the room. Working with a male guest in the room made me feel uncomfortable.

I began by cleaning the bathroom, replacing towels and soap bars. Afterward, I moved to the bedroom, changing the bedding and meticulously cleaning everything. I loaded the used sheets onto my trolley and began to feel anxious, disliking the feeling of being watched while working. I moved to the lounge, clearing the plates and glasses from the coffee table. Deciding to take a short break before heading down to the kitchen, I called Jessica, who was unaware that I was in the guest's room with him. I didn't want her to knock and get me into further trouble.

Upon returning, I found the bar area empty. I continued cleaning and polishing the furniture. Just as I was about to finish, he returned.

"When you're done, go to the bedroom and take a nap," he said in a serious tone, leaving me confused and uncertain of how to respond.

"Sir?" I began, but before I could say more, he added, "I spoke to your superiors; they thought I gave you too much work. Now, go and rest. I don't want you collapsing from fatigue." His tone was serious, and his mood seemed to shift rapidly.

I considered objecting, but his moodiness deterred me. He was hard to read, and I had an odd sense of trust, though I couldn't explain why. "That's scary, but I'm not scared of him. For some reason, I seem to trust him," I thought to myself. I lay on the bed, thinking about how unprofessional this situation was. How could he be strict at work but allow me to sleep during work hours? I pulled out my phone and pretended to be asleep, not wanting to get into further trouble.

The next thing I knew, my alarm clock rang at five in the morning, and I was surprised to have fallen asleep again, even though I thought I wasn't that tired. I got up, went to the bathroom, washed my face, and fixed my hair. When I returned, I tidied the bed and sat on it, contemplating how to face him.

Eventually, I made my way to the lounge area, only to find him asleep on the Chaise couch. He looked peaceful, and I hoped I could slip away before he woke up, but he stirred just as I was gathering my equipment. "Morning," he greeted, his voice revealing that he had just woken up.

"Morning, sir," I replied without looking at him, hoping he would go back to sleep. I felt uneasy and awkward.

"I wanted to talk to you before I leave today. Can you meet me for lunch?" he asked, catching me off guard.

"Talk to me? About what? Why would he want to talk to me? It's not like I'm his type or anything. He must be dating models or probably married... he is married," I thought to myself, trying not to appear scared.

Lost in my thoughts, I realized he was waiting for my response. I cleared my throat and said, "Yes, where would you like to meet, sir?" I knew it was unconventional, but the guy hadn't reported me, and he even helped me get some much-needed rest.

"The Pierre restaurant next to the museum," he said, and I simply nodded. He didn't say more, so I took the opportunity to leave. As I pushed my trolley toward the service elevator, I knew I was in deep trouble, and I had no idea how Jessica would react to the situation.