Chapter 4

The teacher had insisted to take Killua home, but the boy had denied the offer. Killua didn't need anyone's help. Now here he was, heading back to the apartment when the sun had already set. Killua checked his wallet, he didn't have enough money for another night.

"Guess it's time to find an abandoned building," Killua thought out loud, taking a chocolate bar out of his backpack. He looked around, trying to spot a potential area he could stay for the night. He couldn't find a place so he continued walking.

Soon enough, the boy had made it to the hotel. Gathering his clothes and items he stuffed them in his luggage. He had to leave within an hour. Killua had already cleaned up, so with his remaining time, he began to make some dinner. He quickly made a sandwich and devoured the food. Exiting the room, he placed his room's keys in the box next to the door.

Killua made his way to the elevator, opening the door up. Not looking at any of the people inside, he stepped in, dragging his luggage next to him. For some odd reason, he felt like he was being watched. 'I swear if they turn out to be some middle-aged man that looks like a pedophile version of the McD clown, I'll kick him in the balls,' Killua thought, turning his head to glare at the person behind him.

"OCTOPUS?!" Killua shouted, looking at the horribly disguised octopus. His nose was so out of place, it sent shivers down Killua's spine.
"Nurufufu, the one and only," he cockily said, face gaining a few green strips. That was until his face faded into a blank face when he realized the name Killua called him. Killua frowned, looking at the other.

"Why are you here?" Killua asked as the elevator door opened. Killua walked out, followed by the octopus.
"I'm just checking up on you. I wanted to make sure you got home safe," he explained. The two walked out of the building and soon wandered off to the streets.

"Can you stop following me?" Killua demanded more than asked, a vein popping on his head. The octopus didn't reply, still following the other.
"Come on leave me alone!" Killua shouted, earning the attention of some passing people. The octopus became flustered at the cold expressions sent at him.

"Oh, sorry! I'll be going now, see you tomorrow at school!" He said, dashing away. Killua sighed and continued in his search for a new place to stay. When Killua couldn't find a place, he headed to the forest and sitting on the floor. Killua looked up at the sky.
"Why is my life so miserable without you two," Killua mumbled out, staring at the stars in the sky, and eventually the moon.

Killua didn't want to kill, even if it meant saving the earth. He would do it if he was with Alluka and Nanika or even Gon, but if it's just him, he didn't mind. 'My life is worthless anyway, I had no real goal other than caring for Alluka and Nanika. If I die they won't be able to notice. I'm stuck here, all alone,' Killua thought, lowering his head to look at the ground. Killua stood back up, grabbing his luggage and backpack off the floor. He began to look for a cave.

____________________________

Killua was laying down on the damp earth, looking up at the ceiling of the cave. Water was dripping off there, some of it landing on the boy. He had made sure to clear the area from bugs and any kind of critters.
"All alone in the wilderness, just like in the hunter exam and Greed Island," he said. The boy smiled at the memories of his friends, he had so much fun back then. He shifted to his side, laying his head on a pillow he stolen from the hotel, and drifted to sleep.

____________________________

Light poured into the cavern, making the puddles of water shine. A ray of light hit the boy's face, the warmth radiating from it waking him up. The boy slowly stood up, scratching his back and yawning. He looked around confused before remembering about yesterday.