Chapter 28: The Battle of Haven Part 2

I'm sorry for the long delay between chapters, but I'm not off work for the rest of summer so I will have plenty of free time to write for you guys. I am excited for these next chapters because I have something in mind that I hope you guys will like. Thank you all so much for reading and sticking with me during this very inconsistent uploading period, but I hope to be back on track (how many times have I said that though haha), but the next chapter I am already planning our so hopefully I get it out soon for you all! I hope you all enjoy the chapter and have a great day!

You breath heavily as you stare down Adam, your hands wrapped tightly around the handle of Lux Resistis.

"I'm going...to kill you." You growl as you feel yourself burning with rage. "You are going to pay!" Adam laughs as as he stands opposite of you.

"You think you can stop me? After what I did to your friends at Beacon?" He snickers. You let out a roar and a shotgun blast, but he rolls to the side and dodges. You sprint forward, winding up your weapon as you approach. Once you reach him, you let out a vicious swing, but he parries and send you flying to the side. You push yourself up and breath heavily as the rage flows through you. Adam dashes forward at you, sword at the ready. You dig your heels into the ground and cock back your weapon. Adam's blade comes crashing down at you as you swing the ax head towards him. Your weapons clash, and you both fighting to get the upper hand. The sounds of metal crashing on medal fills the as the two of you work to out maneuver the other. Soon, the two of you lock weapons and come face to face with each other.

"I am going to crush you." You growl at him as you glare at him.

"You fucking wish." He pulls his blade away and your momentum sends you tumbling face first into the ground. You roll over and see his sword coming down at you, but you block with your handle and press his blade back up at him. Adam staggers backwards as you get back to your feet. Adam lets a rifle shot out, and you feel a bullet rip through your right shoulder. You shrug it off and walk forward, winding up as you approach. You swing forward and Adam goes to block, but the force of your swing sends him flying backwards into a tree. You let out a shotgun blast, tearing a hole in the tree where he was sitting against as he takes cover behind a boulder.

"Come out you bastard!" You scream as you blast away at the rock, sending fragments of boulder flying. You let out another shot, and after that he springs out from behind the rock and comes crashing down at you. You catch his blade with the handle of weapon and push him back. Adam steps back and you swing horizontally at him with your ax head, but instead he ducks and slashes his sword upwards at you, catching your cheek with his blade. You let out a roar of rage as you swing upwards and send Adam flying backwards across the open area. Before either of you can continue, the ground starts the rumble and trees start to crack around you. You both turn and face the direction of the noise. Sphinxes start to prowl out from the treeline with Manticores flying above them. You turn back to Adam, who is now looking at you from the tree line opposite of the Grimm.

"Have fun." He says with a smirk. Adam let's out a massive swing, slicing down a tree and sending a wave of fire out before he runs off. The woods around you begin to burn as you turn back to the Grimm that are approaching you. The beasts let out a roar as they start to charge towards you.

"Too many..." You mumble as they start to close in. Your eyes dart around, looking for an exit but the trees surrounding you prevent you from escaping. The Grimm close in as you take a deep breath and ready yourself. "Well...this is either going to make one hell of a story or" Before you are able to continue, you propel yourself into the air and grab onto the horn of one of the Manticores. The beast lets out a roar, but you pump shots from your pistol into its mouth. The beast disintegrates and you go into a free fall towards the ground. You soften your landing with a shot gun blast and roll to your feet. You turn and are met with a fireball that sends you flying backwards. You push yourself up, grabbing your side in pain.