Chapter 40: First Day

Your scroll vibrates against the side of your face. You groan and sleepily tap at the device.

"Just five more minutes." You mumble to yourself after hitting the snooze. The door crashes open and you sit up rapidly, cracking your head against the low ceiling above your bunk.

"Salutations!" Penny cheers as she stands proudly in your room.

"Good morning Penny." You groan out.

"Ready for the big day?" She asks. "You first day as an official huntsmen begins in the briefing room! The location of which has been sent to your scroll."

"Thank you." You respond sleepily.

"You are most certainly welcome!" She says with a smile. "Now I must wake the others." She darts out of the room and you fall back into your pillow, letting your eyelids slowly fall. "Good morning team RWBY!" Echos from across the hall causing your eyes to flash back open, now wide awake.

Thirty minutes later

You sit in the briefing room, Yang resting her head on your shoulder as she fights off the urge to sleep.

"Eyes up people." Clover says as he enters the room. "School time is over now that you are all official. Our main focus is restoring communication with Amity Tower. This is going to leave certain sections Mantle vulnerable meaning that we will need to split you all up to help cover certain areas. You all will be able to select your tasks...expect Jaune who already signed up for crossing guard duty."

"It's just not fair." He pouts as the group lets out a tired laugh.

"They will still appreciate your help. Most people
Enjoy having a huntsman around to lend a hand. Of course you are able to enjoy your own free time as you want to. Select your assignments and get to work people." The other huntsmen and huntresses in the room scatter to the task board, trying to get the best jobs.

"Not many of the big ones left." Marrow says as he walks past you as you step up to the board. You scroll a little bit, scanning the various jobs.

"So what one you taking?" Yang asks from besides you.

"This one." You say, tapping at the screen and putting your credentials in.

"Your talents could be used elsewhere." Harriet remarks.

"Not a job too small." You reply as the data is transferred into your scroll. "Besides if you want Mantle on your side, that's how you do it."

"Alright people get to work." The group scatters to the appropriate docking bays as the day begins.

30 minutes later

"Thanks for the lift." You respond as you drop onto the ground. The door lets out a little chime as you step into the building, the smell of food filling the air.

"Hi how can we oh...OH!" The woman behind the counter exclaims. "You they...you came!" She says cheerfully.

"Were you not expecting me?" You ask. "I thought an alert was going to be sent out"

"No it's just...we didn't think they would ever send anyone and...well we are just very happy you are here to help."

"Well just point me in the direction I'm needed." You respond.

"We are going to be delivering here shortly. Help loud up the truck and we can get going." You nod and following the woman. "I'm Julia by the way. And this is my husband and our other helping hand Albert."

"Nice to meet you." He says as you shake his hand. "Wow. Who would've guessed Atlas would actually send a huntsman to help us."

"Yeah well...I got help from a place like this once so I know what it means to people." You respond.