Chapter 35: Showdown

Well...this is the chapter you all have probably been waiting for. I have had parts of this written for a while, but I am hoping that it turns out well. I know it has been a while and I am sorry for that. I am super nervous to publish this because I left it at such a major plot point and I want this to be a great chapter since I am hopefully making a return and also...like this is a major climax in the story. I did my best to create the fight scene and I hope that you can envision it in your head as you read. I hope that this lives up the expectations that were set and that you all enjoy. Much love and thank you all so much for you support. 

Also I know I said I was going to wait to put this out on the one year anniversary of me starting this story, but I decided to do it now so that I do not second guess things. Expect sappy post tomorrow tho!

You land with a grunt, the snow crunching beneath your feet as you draw you weapon. After receiving the signal Maria takes off back to the coast, leaving you in silence.

"Where the fuck are they." You mumble before jumping the fence. On the other side you scan the area around the relay tower, seeing nothing but unconscious bodies scattered about. You squat down next to one and examine his body.

"Slash marks...Blake was only suppose to knock them out." You say as you look up from the body. "This can't be good." You walk up to the top of the relay tower, running your hand along the railing and feeling the scars left behind from bullets and blades. Gun shots are heard in the distance as the battle against the giant mech rages on, but the faint sound of an engine can be heard in the opposite direction.

"Oh...oh no..." You jump off the level of the tower that you were on and land firmly on the ground. You eyes peer ahead until they fall upon two sets of footprints. "One smaller. One larger. Smaller being chased by the larger." You continue to follow the prints as they go deeper into the woods. "It is them. He is here." You stand up, staring off at the trail as you mind starts to run wild.

"I need to get there. I can't let this happen again." You continue to sprint until you come to a clearing. The sound a a roaring waterfall starts to fill your ears as a cliff comes into view.

"Where the fuck...oh...oh no son of a bitch." You say as you look down. The scene unfolding in front of you is one you had never hope to have scene. Blake locked in combat with the leader of the White Fang. You start to pace back and forth, clenching your fists as the sound of metal clashing fills the air beneath you.

"Adam...Adam...Adam...Adam. Took everything from me." You feel your body start to heat up, rage consuming every cell of your being. "Calm down. Controlled chaos. Cannot let him get away" You draw your weapon from your back, taking a deep breath as you feel the weight of it in your hands. You launch yourself from the top of the cliff, landing next to Blake as she staggers back.

"(Y....Y/N)? Where are..." She starts to stutter, breaths becoming labors the more she goes on.

"It is alright, the others...well they should be fine." You tell her. "We need to focus on him." She nods and stands tall, regaining her strength as she gives you a weak smile.

"I figured it would only be a matter of time before you showed up." You turn your head, your eyes locking onto his mask, the one you have seen during many sleepless nights.

"You aren't getting away this time." You growl at him.

"There is not running away this time." Adam runs his fingers along his blade, looking over the edge at you. "Only death." He lunges forward, blade slashing down. You block with the handle of your weapon, the metal of his sword creating sparks as it clashes with yours. The two of you hold the position for a moment, weapons locked as both of your try to get the upper hand. Eventually you shove upwards, causing him to stagger back a bit. You wind up and cock back before letting out a massive swing. Adam recovers in time and blocks, redirecting the energy and causing your to to stumble and fall. You roll over and push up onto your feet in time to meet your blade with his. The head of your ax catches the edge of his sword and you twist your handle, forcing him to let go of his hilt and jump back as his blade clatters on the ground. Adam falls back, shooting at you with his rifles as you do your best to avoid the shots whizzing around you.