Chapter 9: The Dance

You wake up and breath heavily, clawing at the dark around you trying to find you pack. You eventually find it and start to rifle through it, searching for your scroll.

"Oh my god, it is Sunday morning. I need to get out of here." You switch it to the night vision mode and put the scroll back on. You push up, but feel a pain in your ankle.

"Shit." You mumble as you sit back down. You dig through your bag and grab the hammock supports. A few minutes later, you stand up and test the makeshift splint that you fashioned. You slowly walk to the wall below the hole in the ceiling where you start to make your way up.

"Any major movement could cause another cave in...son of a bitch." You mumble once you reach the top. You think for a few minutes before an idea pops into your head. The water. You hop back down and make your way over to the running water.

"It has got to lead to some place...I hope." You start to wade in the water and start to slowly make your way to an exit. The cave starts to close in and you have to eventually get on your hands and knees and crawl, resting in the areas that are shallower than the rest. You crawl for what seems like hours until you hear more water rushing. You crawl forward some more until you come to a grate. You blast through using your ax and then hop down ten or so feet.

"I crawled all the way back to the city and to the sewers?" You take of the scroll and read the time. "Oh my god, almost two hours till the dance." You start to move as quickly as your ankle will let you, making your way forward.. Light starts to slowly creep in as you see an exit grate into the harbor up ahead. You pick up speed and lower a shoulder, charge through the metal grate and into the water. After dragging yourself up onto the docks and after receiving a few odd looks from bystanders, you phone Ozpin.

"I am at the docks. I need to be picked up."

"The docks? How on earth?"

"I will explain later. Just hurry." You wait until Opzin arrives with a crew to pick you up.

"You must take a shower before the dance." He says with a fowl look on his face.

"I know, I know. Now, about the mission." You start to quickly shell out the details as the ship makes it way back to Beacon.

"And then I had to run through the sewers to the docks where you got me." You say to him as the two of you walk down the empty dorm halls.

"I will send a ship to the coordinates to check out the damage, but from the sounds of what you did the nest was likely destroyed." He says glancing around as you reach your door. "Looks like everyone is at the dance or on their way there." You open and see the promised suit and flowers sitting there for you.

"Thank you professor Opzin." He smiles and puts his hand up.

"I cannot technically pay my students for doing tasks for me, so I figured that this was the best option. Now go shower and have some fun." He turns down the hall as you go inside and start to get ready.

At the dance

You make your way to the entrance of the dance and stop before heading in, taking a deep breath.

"You look great." You hear from behind you, causing you to spin around.

"Pyrrah! How are you doing? You look stunning!" She shrugs and looks to the side.

"Not the best, but I am going to try to have some fun." You walk up to her and give her a hug.

"Hey now, who knows, maybe he will show up in a dress." She lets out a giggle at you comment and steps back before adjusting your suit.