Chapter 22: Reunited

THANK YOU FOR 500 VOTES! Hope you all are doing well and enjoy this chapter! Side note: does anyone else do things like...waaaaaay in advance even if they don't have to? Like...what if I told you all that I just wrote the ending to the Adam fight before this chapter was even done. Granted this is just a rough draft and if we are being honest I actually wrote two endings so I will be messing around with those, but still. We are barely into volume 5 and I wrote the ending to a pivotal point in volume 6...wtf am I doing haha. Also, speaking of the later volumes I have something to say about them (I will address this more in the Q/A later this week)...oh my god does it feel like they just completely fucked her whole character up. I have yet to watch volume 7 and will be doing so soon, but Yang in volume 5 and 6 just...it just does not feel like the Yang from the first few volumes. Also, they tried to set up the whole PTSD thing with Adam and there is maybe like...one scene where it is addressed and the final fight with him lacked a true point where I thought "Oh shit the PTSD" so that just felt like a waste too. The point of this mini rant: I AM GOING TO TRY TO FIX HER. Yang from volume 5 on just lacks...I don't know it just feels like she lacks emotion in a way and does not interact with anyone properly and her character is just being developed poorly even though there is a high amount of potential for her to flourish. Like I said, I am going to be making adjustments and doing my best to craft what I feel like is a better Yang. I am not saying that I am going to be able to do better than Roster Teeth, but I hope that you guys see where I am coming from. Well now that old man MacDaddy is done being angry, let's get to the next chapter huh? I hope you all enjoy. Also reminder: Q/A post if y'all want to ask anything!

"Where do you think we are going to find Qrow at?"

"Knowing Qrow, he is probably at a bar right now." You reply as the two of you walk through Mistral.

"Do you really think the is going to be in this part of town?" Oscar asks as he looks around the shady area. "Wouldn't he be near Haven?"

"Qrow can go wherever he wants so we need to check any bar that we come across...even the ones that are in the shadier parts of town." You reply. "Come on, let's go in. Just stick close to me." You push the door open and scan the bar. Heads turn and look at you as you walk up to the bar.

"Looking for a guy named Qrow. About this tall, black hair, light red eyes, wears a white and grey coat." The bartender cleans a cup as he raises an eyebrow at you.

"Never heard of him. Now you gonna buy a drink or?"

"We will be going. Thanks." You turn and head out of the bar with Oscar tailing. Before you exit, you feel something gently brush against your leg. You pull out your knife and quickly turn, pinning the sleeve of a shirt to the table next to you.

"Think twice about that buddy." You growl as you stare at the potential thief's eyes, ones now filled with fear.

"You...you dropped this." He stammers out as he let's go of your scroll onto the table.

"Dropped it right into your hand?" You question as you take it and stuff it back into your pocket. "Thought Mistral was suppose to have the best thieves in Remanant, but this is just disappointing." You take the knife out of the table and place it back into its holster. "Next time, I won't miss the arm." You and Oscar exit the bar and continue through the streets.

"How did you know he took that?" Oscar asks.

"I had to spend a few years of my life living in a place that had some...less than desirable people living there. You learn little things as you go through your time at a place and being able to know if someone stole something off of you is an important tool. Being able to get it back is another thing."