Chapter 14: Round One

Day of the First Round of the Vytal Festival Tournament

"Come on guys! Kick their ass!" You cheer as you watch team RWBY in their first round match up.

"Holy shit they are gonna do it they are gonna do it!" Jaune screams as Weiss throws up an ice wall.

"Ren! Look!" Nora yells as she shakes her teammate and points to the arena as Yang sprints along the wall, gaining speed. You and team JNPR are jumping and cheering as Blake slingshots Yang towards the three members of ABRN that are frozen in place. She lets out a scream as she connects with them, sending the trio flying out of the arena and into the barrier and causing the crowd to erupt.

"Oh my gosh that was amazing!" Pyrrah cheers as the four members of Team RWBY celebrate in the middle of the stage. The five of you celebrate and cheer on your friends until they walk out of the arena.

"You guys want to grab a bite to eat? I am starving from watching them." Nora asks the four of you once the hype dies down.

"Sounds like a lovely idea. Plus, we could meet them down at the fairgrounds. I am sure that they are starving." The five of you gather your things and make your way down the festival grounds.

"Ruby said that they are at a noodle booth." Jaune says as he hangs up his scroll.

"There they are." Pyrrah says as you all turn a corner. "Hmm looks like their card got declined. Maybe I could help." She calls over to them as a bowl of fish is pulled away from Blake. Team RWBY celebrates their financial savior as Pyrrah pays for their meal and buys a bowl of noodles for the herself and the four of you.

"You did amazing out there." You say to Yang as you sit down next to her and ruffle her hair.

"Oh my god it was amazing! Did you see that final punch? Blake and Weiss set it up perfectly!" She says with an excited look on her face. "You are up to fight after JNPR right?" You nod in response since your mouth is full of noodles.

"It is us, then Sun and Neptune's team have their match, and then (Y/N) is the last fight of the day." Pyrrah chimes in.

"Well I can't wait to watch you kick some ass." Yang says, giving you a kiss on the cheek.

"Awe, you two are adorable." Ruby says from besides her sister. The nine of you continue to shovel down noodles until you all are in a sleepy state from the large amount of food consumed.

"Would Team JNPR please report to the staging area!" Professor Oobleck calls over the PA system. The four of them gather their things and go to leave.

"Jaune!" You call. He turns as you jog up to him. "Just go out there and don't try to be anyone else. Just do Jaune. You got me?" He nods his head at you.

"I'll do my best. Good luck in your match." He gives you a bro hug before turning and jogging to catch up with his team.

"Maybe you should listen to yourself." Yang says from behind you.

"I know. I just need to block out the noise once I get out there." You reply.

"Don't block it all out. Remember to have a little fun and talk trash to the other team." 

"I know I know." You say as you walk up to her. "We are still on for tonight right?"

"Oh my gosh yes! I cannot wait to see the meteor shower. Now go get your gear ready and make sure that you look in the stands when you get out there, you know where I will be sitting." She reaches up and pulls you into a kiss. "Good luck." She says with a smile when she pulls away. Your face goes red as you turn to head off to the arena to get prepared.