Chapter 43: An Icy Party

"I don't want to be here."

"I don't think any of us do." Blake responds to you. The group of you stand outside the Schnee residence, hesitant to knock at the door.

"Who is gonna bite the bullet?" Yang asks as Ironwood, Winter, and the Ace Ops join.

"Suppose it would be appropriate for me to." Ironwood says.

"This is gonna be a ruff time, huh?" You ask Marrow as he stands next to you, earning a snort of laughter from Yang.

"The maturity level disgusts me." Harriet sighs as Ironwood rings the door bell.

"Oh come on you don't gotta Bree so mad about it." Yang says, this time earning a laugh from you.

"Welcome all." You hear a young voice say from the door.

"Whitley?" Weiss asks.

"The resemblance is kinda scary." You hear Nora say.

"Klein...where is he?" Weiss questions.

"It's good to see you too sister along with all of you...schoolmates. Though I guess there is no school left. No matter. Klein has been...well let go due to circumstances." He explains. "You'd understand if you were around dear sister." Before Weiss is able to respond, he turns to Ironwood. "General just how many people did you think you could bring as guests?"

"I know you can make room for us all." He says. "They are here in case they are needed to testify as witnesses. While they are waiting, I'm sure they'd happily celebrate Jacques victory."

"Do we just get rich people food in the meantime?" You lean over and ask Jaune.

"I think that means we get rich people food." You give him a knuckle bump, both of you joyous at the prospect.

"Very well..." The youngest Schnee sighs. "Follow me."

"So this is how the other half live." Ruby says as you all enter the foyer.

"You could fit my house in here four times over." You add.

"Will you two stop." Weiss whispers. "It's embarrassing."

"That chandelier is insane." Blake says, ignoring her teammates comment.

"Those who will be joining us for dinner may follow. As for the rest of you..." He glances at you as you grab a wine glass off a tray while holding a few plates of food in your other arm, some already in your mouth. "please do not be too barbaric. I know that may be a challenge for some of you."

"You think he's talking about us?" Yang asks through a mouth full of food.

"Not a chance." Nora responds as she finishes off another piece of cake.

"Well...wish us luck." Clover says.

"They got enough of it from you." Qrow responds.

"That friendship is adorable." Weiss comments.

"I uh...think I'm going to go patrol the grounds." Qrow says.

"Some wine sir?" A waiter asks Qrow.

"I...uh...I'm good thanks."

"I'll join you on patrol." Marrow says, joining Qrow as the exit the party. 

"Alright." Harriet says as she walks in front of you all. "Don't wander too far. Don't break anything. Be ready for the general to call."

"Can we eat now?" Elm asks, earning a sigh from Harriet as they walk off.

"Or...we break things, we wander way too far, and just get into general trouble." Yang suggests.