Tsunami

Tae liked a prank as much as the next person but his brother Jin, who was practically married to Namjoon... Namjoon, who was the step brother of Yoongi... Yoongi, who was sort of fucking Jimin... Jimin, whose parents went to the same church as the Jeons...

Jin, was currently telling him something that was the equivalent of a tsunami hitting a coastal town on a bright summer day.

"Are you hearing what I am saying? Why aren't you putting your shoes on?"

Jin was shouting... he never shouts.

Tae was blinking, a lot. He was sure that he would wake up in a minute and he could brush his teeth, shower and go to meet Jungkook, his boyfriend because it was the school holidays and that's what they did. Nothing else mattered when you are 16 and in love.

"Tae! Are you in shock?"

Jin was gripping him by the arms and he was still shouting.

"I... I... don't understand"

"Tae, please. They are leaving. Jungkook is devastated. You need to go to him or you won't see him again."

Those last 4 words got stuck on repeat in his mind. Tae almost laughed, what a ridiculous notion!

Had it not been the way his brother was looking at him and shaking his body by his arms, fear in his eyes, he might not have believed him.

Jin drove him to his boyfriend's house, the only sound in the car was Jin talking. Tae didn't know what he was saying because his mind had stopped working a while ago, when Jin had started shouting in the house.

By the time Tae opened the car door to get out, Jin was running back down the path, away from the Jeon's house "They've gone. We need to go to the airport."

None of it seemed real. It felt like one of those moments of complete disbelief and the only time that he could liken it to was when he'd had a great day at school and arrived home, laughing, only to be told that his next door neighbour had died. Tae had literally seen the old man that morning and had chatted and waved as he always had so it was a shock, even more so that he would never see him again... yes... this felt like that.

Jin dragged Tae out of the car and they rushed through to departures to look at the boards, no gate number was up yet so Jin deduced that the Jeon's must be about somewhere. He scanned the crowd, looking for the mop of jet black hair with blonde flecks that had been a new look in the past 6 months. The Jeon's hadn't been impressed when Jungkook had done that to his hair, they'd said that Tae was a bad influence because Tae had pink hair.

"THERE!!" Jin yanked Tae's arm so hard, it would probably have hurt in any other circumstances but Tae wasn't sure he would ever feel anything ever again.

The moment that the Jeon's spotted Tae and Jin, everything ran in ultra slow motion, like a scene from a movie when the lead role races to the station or airport to stop the love of his or her life from leaving. Their faces looked surprised and Mr Jeon reached out to grab his son, who was already rushing through the crowd towards Tae with tears cascading down his face. This was America so no one bat an eyelid when the 2 teenagers embraced, their bodies colliding, their arms wrapping around each other, Jungkook sobbing and babbling at Tae, who hadn't had any reaction at all, aside from holding his boyfriend as close as possible.

Jin walked towards Mr and Mrs Jeon, wanting to scream and shout at them, to tell them how they are crushing their son and his brother. Instead, he bowed respectfully because he didn't want to give them any more of a reason than they felt they had to take their son away.

"News travels quickly it would seem." Mr Jeon addressed Jin.

"Not fast enough or they could have had more time together." was Jin's reply.