"Hi, Y/N," Marta says walking over.

"Hey, Marta," I say with a bright smile.

She pulls me in for a hug and I hug her back. "It's good to have you back," Marta says.

"I'm glad to be here," I say then we pull away.

"Hey," Carson says walking over.

Marta places a hand on my shoulder, sends me a smile, then walks away to join the other girls.

"Hey, Carson," I say pulling her in for a hug once she reaches me.

"How are you doing?" Carson says once we pull away.

"Emotionally?"

Carson nods. "Afraid," I say and look down, "I just don't know if I'm ready."

"Hey, look at me," Carson says and I do, "You we're born ready. No matter what, Alex, me, Ashlyn, Ali, everyone will be here for you. I promise."

"Thank you," I say pulling Carson in for another hug.

"Of course," she says hugging me back.

"Y/N," I hear Marc say.

"Go ahead," Carson says and I give her a smile and walk to Marc.

"Hey, Coach."

"Hey, Y/N. You ready to train?"

"Yeah, I think I'll be good," I say and he smiles.

"Great, we're doing fitness testing today and then a scrimmage later, just wanted to let you know," Marc tells me.

"Thank you, Marc. I appreciate it," I say.

"Great, now go warm up," Marc says with a bright smile and I nod and walk to join the girls.

"What was that about," Sydney asks once I reach the girls.

"Just checking in," I say when we start to warm up.

"Alright girls," Marc says once we finish, "First, I just want to say welcome back. I know some won't be here for long due to the Olympics, but we are going to make the most of your time here. Today we will be doing fitness testing and then a little scrimmage after. Sound good?"

Everyone nods and Marc claps. "Great, first thing, beep test, pick a partner. One on the line. You all know how it works by now."

Alex grabs my arm and drags me over, "You're my partner."

"Sounds good, my love."

"Do you want me to go first," Alex asks.

"Can I? I just want to get it over with," I tell her.

"Of course," Alex says with a smile.

"Alright, first group step up onto the line," the fitness coach says.

"Let's see what you got," Ashlyn says standing next to me.

"Oh, you'll see," I say with a smirk and Ashlyn chuckles.

"You girls ready," Marc asks.

Everyone nods.

"Alright, let's begin."
———
I'm not sure how long I have been going now. I'm just paying attention to the sound, nothing else. I quickly look to my left and see that it's only me and Marta.

I continue to push myself because I know I can go a little longer. The team starts to cheer, but I block them out and focus on just reaching the line.

After going a little longer Marta stops, but I keep going wanting to prove that I deserve to be here. "Let's go Y/N," I hear multiple people say.

My legs start to ache more and I already know I beat the record. Once I cross the line coming back I stop out of breath. Alex helps me sit down and Ali gives me a bottle of water.